Fireman

Thread: Fireman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fireman

hi all, i just got my new fireman on black leather. I have a question regarding the lume colour. As seen on the ball USA webpage, they have 3 colours, 12o'clock (orange) hands(green) numberings(blue). But my fireman in white dial has only 2 colours, 12o'clock (orange) & hands and numberings both (green). Is this normal?

Re: Fireman

From what I've heard...Ball has discontinued with the blue lume on the Fireman and the new ones are all green, with Orange for the 12 o'clock marker. Ofcourse, Jeremy from Ball Watch and others on the forum...please feel free to correct me.

ic, thanks for the updates, mine is white face with blue numerals 43mm. But i think the blue lume with green looks very cool and nice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Could it be because the blue lume wasn't as strong? You may be better off with the green, but I'm just guessing since I'm only a Ball fan at this point and not Ball owner.

Quote Originally Posted by GhoulOfTheEast View Post
    From what I've heard...Ball has discontinued with the blue lume on the Fireman and the new ones are all green, with Orange for the 12 o'clock marker.
    I think you might be right, GOTE. My wife recently got the same 43mm Fireman/black dial/blue numerals as the one that BrianS has and posted a pic of, and it has green tritium tubes for 1-11, and orange for 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainsong
    Could it be because the blue lume wasn't as strong? You may be better off with the green, but I'm just guessing since I'm only a Ball fan at this point and not Ball owner.
    Green tritium lume is brighter than blue, by quite a bit. Green is the brightest of the tritium lume colors. With that said, blue tritium lume is still most cool!

Here's an interesting link to info about how the different tritium tube color brightness compares. I got this off of mb-microtec's website. mb-microtec is the manufacturer of Ball's tritium tubes. I apologize to the folks who've seen this already.

mb-microtec/Brightness
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

The Fireman also appeals to me, but I was skeptical about getting the 32mm since I've gotten so used to wearing bigger watches. Nice to see I wouldn't be the only girl at the Ball if I showed up with a 43mm Fireman.

i notice a small clicking sound whenever i shake my watch, is this normal when the weights start to move to generate battery life?

Yes, it would be the rotor moving around.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Quote Originally Posted by Plainsong View Post
    The Fireman also appeals to me, but I was skeptical about getting the 32mm since I've gotten so used to wearing bigger watches. Nice to see I wouldn't be the only girl at the Ball if I showed up with a 43mm Fireman.
    Plainsong, are we twins separated at birth? We both own two Bathys (identical Benthics), a G-shock MI3, and now 43 Fireman?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Atwood View Post
    Yes, it would be the rotor moving around.
    Thanks for the update, i asked around friends who owned many other brands including breitling, sinn and fortis. They never encounter clicking sounds when their rotors move. Is this unique to Ball watches only?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information