Fireman Enterprise or Glory?

Thread: Fireman Enterprise or Glory?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fireman Enterprise or Glory?

This is going to be my first Ball and I don't really need a dress watch. But the price is right and I think it'll look great on the Bond NATO strap. There is a USD100 difference between the 2 with the Glory being the cheaper one. Other than the date placement, I don't see any obvious difference between the two. Which would you recommend? Also considering the Fireman NECC though that's a bit out of budget. Since I'd be getting it from Gnomon, they don't have all the colours in the NECC range either. Any suggestion would be great!

I like the Enterprise. It looks more balanced to me with the date at 3(even with the bubble). It really is a nice looking watch in person.

Re: Fireman Enterprise or Glory?

I bought the Enterprise and one thing I didn't like about the Glory was the colored seconds hand. Gnomon has what I think is an exclusive version of the Glory with a silverb seconds hand that I would prefer and would more closely match the Enterprise.

Then it really comes down to date wheel placement and cyclops. I have a Victory with the date wheel in the same position as the Glory and it doesn't bother me, but neither does the cyclops on the Enterprise.

I'm not sure there's a wrong answer here, just which aesthetics between the two you'd rather look at every day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My vote is the Ball Fireman Enterprise! The White face dial really stands out and just looks better. Oh, maybe yours is not the White? Vance.
    Watch the time you have, Jesus is coming soon! “Faith is seeing the light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness.”

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Yea, I was actually considering the black. White is too dressy in my humble opinion. I work in a commercial production house so its always dress down, ie, jeans and tshirts. Figured the black with a nato would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSacredSoul View Post
    Yea, I was actually considering the black. White is too dressy in my humble opinion. I work in a commercial production house so its always dress down, ie, jeans and tshirts. Figured the black with a nato would be appropriate.
    You can pair the black dialed version of either the Enterprise or the Glory with a NATO, a rubber strap, or a vintage leather and it will look great with jeans and a t-shirt. And for when you need to dress it back up, put the bracelet back on it and pair it with a suit or sports coat, like I'm doing here.

Black dial Enterprise would get my vote as well.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I just ordered a black Enterprise, 3 o'clock date window and cyclops(helps with aging eyes). I have a Glory with white dial and like the watch, but would prefer a 3 o'clock date window. I wanted the long lume tubes like the Glory and got them.

I have a Glory (got it second hand and the price was right), and it'd be a real hard toss up for me. If I could get an Enterprise with the date at 3 and the red seconds hand, that'd be the way to go. Guess it just depends on which one has the look you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrosD View Post
    I bought the Enterprise and one thing I didn't like about the Glory was the colored seconds hand. Gnomon has what I think is an exclusive version of the Glory with a silverb seconds hand that I would prefer and would more closely match the Enterprise.

Then it really comes down to date wheel placement and cyclops. I have a Victory with the date wheel in the same position as the Glory and it doesn't bother me, but neither does the cyclops on the Enterprise.

I'm not sure there's a wrong answer here, just which aesthetics between the two you'd rather look at every day.
    My white dial Glory has a silver seconds hand and all in all is a very classy looking dress watch. The date window position is a a very minor irritation, probably born of years and years of always having it at the 3 o'clock position.

The black dial Enterprise will be a little more casual and especially with the cyclops.

I think both look good. I found the Enterprise via a US source as compared to Gnome, paid $50 more, but at the price of the watch I will get it quicker and not have the problem of customs, I went that route one with a DHL shipment and do not care to do that again with their fees.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information