Fireman Nightrain now available in Singapore!

Thread: Fireman Nightrain now available in Singapore!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Cool Fireman Nightrain now available everywhere!

Folks,

The nightrain is now officially available in Singapore in limited quantities ahead of what seems to be the US release. There is a Ball exhibition/promotion at the atrium in VivoCity showcasing and retailing the Nightrain and the new LE Diver!

Had the Nightrain on my wrist on and off many times last evening...finally chose a Fireman Ionosphere instead. Yay! Now I'm officially a part of the Ball club!.

I picked up the Ionosphere on a calfskin strap - just couldn't let it go. Why did I decide on the Ionospehere when I could have been one of the first to show off the Nightrain?

- The Ionospehere Chronograph to me is a lot more watch than the Nightrain for a fraction more money (discounts are not at parity since the Nightrain is new and 'hot')
    - Although, the lume on the nightrain is a killer, the DLC didn't go down too well with me. YMMV, based on your skin tone and personal preference :). I guess my next Ball watch will be a Nightrain in SS, when they do launch it.
    - The Ionosphere just SPOKE to me...its classy and sporty at the same time...will kinda pass off as a dress watch as well.

That said, am extremely excited about my new toy. Will certainly post pictures over the weekend.

Cheeeeeers!!
    Last edited by Time2watch; October 1st, 2007 at 22:12.

Re: Fireman Nightrain now available in Singapore!

It is now out in the States as well, albeit in extremely limited quantities. We expect to meet initial global demand by mid-October.

Congrats on your new Ionosphere!

Regards,
    Jeremy Hogan
    Ball Watch Company

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Thanks Jeremy!

And did I forget to mention that the gorgeous Ball swiss knife (Jeremy, is it really Swiss made, or from somewhere closer to where we're at, in Asia?) on offer if you pay with a Citibank CC. I obviously did, and am the proud owner of yet another addition to my already large Swiss knife collection...made in Switzerland, or otherwise :)

Go for it while it lasts folks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GhoulOfTheEast View Post
    The Ionosphere just SPOKE to me.
    Hi GhoulOfTheEast,

Congrats on getting your new Ionosphere!

The same thing happened to me when I went to my local Ball AD for the very first time. I went, thinking that, if I was going to end up buying a new Ball watch, it was going to be a Hydrocarbon...probably a Classic II.

The first Ball to catch my eye, when I first scanned the showcase, was the Engineer Master II Classic. I tried it on...loved it...but dismissed it...because it wasn't a Hydrocarbon. I proceeded to try on the various HC models, and they all looked great on...but my eyes kept goin' back to that EMII Classic. I then tried to neutralize that by trying on a Skylab LE, as well as a Conductor Arabic LE...again, both very nice...but that EMII Classic kept staring at me! So I tried it on again...and loved it even more this time...and was hooked.

I honestly believe that the EMII Classic struck a chord in my soul...it spoke to me...just as your Ionosphere spoke to you....

I hope that you'll post pics when you have a chance.
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

I think early next week they should hit. The strap versions are the 1st to ship, with the rubber strap version coming afterwards, for the US market....

Quote Originally Posted by sys12345 View Post
    Thought u were supposed to be going down on Sat... looks like u r early!!! I'll be dropping by later to check out the Night Train!
    Yeah, couldn't bear the suspense any longer :) Warning signals of this being an serious addiction - this is my 2nd good mechanical watch in 3 months. I'm not even upgrading my Canon 30D DSLR upto the recently launched 40D - and am already planning my next wrist hog! :)

Quote Originally Posted by sukispop View Post
    Hi GhoulOfTheEast,

Congrats on getting your new Ionosphere!

The same thing happened to me when I went to my local Ball AD for the very first time. I went, thinking that, if I was going to end up buying a new Ball watch, it was going to be a Hydrocarbon...probably a Classic II.

The first Ball to catch my eye, when I first scanned the showcase, was the Engineer Master II Classic. I tried it on...loved it...but dismissed it...because it wasn't a Hydrocarbon. I proceeded to try on the various HC models, and they all looked great on...but my eyes kept goin' back to that EMII Classic. I then tried to neutralize that by trying on a Skylab LE, as well as a Conductor Arabic LE...again, both very nice...but that EMII Classic kept staring at me! So I tried it on again...and loved it even more this time...and was hooked.

I honestly believe that the EMII Classic struck a chord in my soul...it spoke to me...just as your Ionosphere spoke to you....

I hope that you'll post pics when you have a chance.
    Thanks suskipop - will certainly post pictures this weekend. There's something about watches...there can be a 100 great watches in a showcase...and you can go through all of them, but there's always that ONE piece that just hits you and you keep coming back to. Quite like women, huh? ;) (uhhh...think I'm going to get flamed for this one!)

Quote Originally Posted by sys12345 View Post
    Hi Sukispop,

Same thing happened to me when i saw the EM II Classic on the website. I wanted to have a look at the actual watch but the local Singapore agent stopped marketing the EM II and EM II classics. They are apparently more focused with the Hydrocarbon & Fireman series. When i saw the EM II classic actual pics posted here by users, i was hooked. I took the plunge and placed an order for it through a local AD. 2 to 3 more wks of waiting for me... seems like eternity!!!!

I was at the Singapore exhibition to view the Night Train today. I tried the watch on and like GhoulOfTheEast, didnt quite go as well on my wrist. Singapore's NT version unfortunately only comes with the black leather strap (with red stitches). According to the promoter, the rubber strap version and the white version will not be available here. To me, the NT really shines only when the lights are off... man the illumination has to be seen LIVE.. pics dont do it justice!!! Its bright enough without being overly bright, with even illumination throughout the dial.. especially the minute markers!!! Really sharp looking. This watch, IMO, has to be worn with the rubber strap to look great!
    In case anyone is interested, its retailed here for SGD2,000.
    Yeah, that orange/red stich just didn't work for me. In fairness, the sales person and the asst. manager did mention that they might be able to do something about that.

The dial is beautiful and the lume is absolutely amazing (that blue minute markers are yummy, aren't they!)..but the DLC+calfskin combo looked quite ordinary on my wrist - maybe I set my expectations too high with all the pics floating around the forum. Like I said before - I'd buy one with SS case and bracelet. Don't know if they'll have one like that though. (hint, hint Jeremy/Jeff...customer's voice!! Hehe)

Cheers!

Hey GhoulOfTheEast, congrats on your new watch!!! Glad you went with the one that 'spoke' to you, it's a very important thing!

Can't wait to see your pics of your new watch!! Did you manage to take other pictures of the exhibition as well??
    Regards,
    - TY -

Hi G.O.T.E.,

I know hopw you feel. I have the WorldTimer and the Ionosphere. Everytime I wear the WT I miss the Chrono. When I wear the chrono, I don't even think of the WT. There's just something about it. I think it's the perfect proportions... (more on this later)

So, which color combo did you get? Black / white subdials, white / grey subdials or all white?
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information