Fireman Skylab LE...1st Ball

Thread: Fireman Skylab LE...1st Ball

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fireman Skylab LE...1st Ball

Just got this beauty of a watch after going to the Tempus event here in singapore showcasing the world's best watches. After learning about the watches, it was amazing and inspiring to see how watches are made and the intricacy and dedication that is put into this craft. I've always wanted a rugged watch that looked classy, felt great, and had a sturdy frame to it. Presently, the ball fireman LE did it for me! I couldn't decide initially whether to get the hydrocarbon engineer or the fireman skylab LE, but after reading everyone's reviews here in the forum, I opted for the latter. And so far, it's everything I could've hoped for in a watch

Re: Fireman Skylab LE...1st Ball

Hi adio923,

Welcome to WUS and the Ball Forum!

The Tempus event must have been a lot of fun to go to...you're very fortunate to be able to attend.

Congratulations on getting your Skylab LE! That's an awesome watch, especially for your first Ball!

I got to try on a Skylab LE at my AD. It looked fabulous on my wrist; I only wish that I could have afforded to buy it.

Enjoy your Skylab LE. I hope that you'll visit here often, and, if you can, we'd love to see pics of your watch and your first impression comments.

Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Quote Originally Posted by sukispop View Post
    Hi adio923,

Welcome to WUS and the Ball Forum!

The Tempus event must have been a lot of fun to go to...you're very fortunate to be able to attend.

Congratulations on getting your Skylab LE! That's an awesome watch, especially for your first Ball!

I got to try on a Skylab LE at my AD. It looked fabulous on my wrist; I only wish that I could have afforded to buy it.

Enjoy your Skylab LE. I hope that you'll visit here often, and, if you can, we'd love to see pics of your watch and your first impression comments.

hey geoff,

thanks for the welcome! i will post my pics as soon as i get a chance the tempus event was just too much to take in for the two days I was there. I love your line of so many watches, yet so little money...

I was wondering, how does ball, in your opinion, compare to that of IWC or even tag heuer besides price point? I love ball and am very happy with my purchase, but I was also interested in the tag heuer autavia, which is the only one left in singapore it seems, ever since they discontinued it.

I'm also now very interested in getting the fireman night train...it just looks so damn cool....can you please also enlighten me on what the 24 hour UTC is? Trying to learn as much as I can and loving it!

Thanks,

Drew

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The UTC on the Night Train gives the 24 hour time off the main hour hand. For example 1:00 pm will read 13 on the UTC. The Night Train is a single time watch.

Congrats adio923!! That's a great find u got there! Any chance of seeing some pics please?
    Regards,
    - TY -

Congrats on your Skylab. I'm enjoying mine as well. I like the fact that it doesn't scratch easily plus the bracelet is very sturdy.

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    The UTC on the Night Train gives the 24 hour time off the main hour hand. For example 1:00 pm will read 13 on the UTC. The Night Train is a single time watch.
    Obie... I thought that was the case too that Night Train is a single time zone watch. But take a look at the pic here. The main time is 819 but the UTC is at 2419?? If it is single time zone then the UTC should be at 2019, correct?? Hmm... so does this mean that the Night Train got 2 time zone function??
    Please comment

Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bruce,

I confirmed this with Ball Watch USA twice, it is a single timezone watch. The picture was probably from a prototype or photoshopped, and hence the view.

Bruce,

I confirmed this with Ball Watch USA twice, it is a single timezone watch. The picture was probably from a prototype or photoshopped, and hence the view.
    Thanks Chief!!

Bruce,

That's what I was thinking, also, Warren. Not only is the UTC time off, but the date warning triangle is red, which should only be red between 9pm and 3am.
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information