First Ball Watch
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wickets
  • 1 Post By john.6

Thread: First Ball Watch

First Ball Watch

I finally got my hands on my first Ball Watch! I have wanted one ever since I read the biography of W.C. Ball (which is a fun little read, not a long boring book!). I ended up with a nightbreaker with a blue textured face secondhand. As I understand these were a special order where you had some freedom to design the watch within certain parameters and I gotta say, I finally found a watch (other than my speedy pro of course) that fits my wrist perfectly. I already have the cognac suede strap ordered and once it is in I will post pictures. I am so excited I am already working on another trade for an Oris I don't even have in yet for another Ball Watch! I am in love with the history of the brand!
    Cheers all,
    MrZeke
    Rocking my speedmaster professional on a black silicone strap everyday!

Re: First Ball Watch

The Night Breaker is certainly a dangerous introduction to Ball watches. It was my first too (although I went through the painful pre-order wait) and since receiving it I'm certainly tempted to pick up another model.

If that is Ball's intention with the lower priced pre-orders it looks like it's working!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MrZeke View Post
    I finally got my hands on my first Ball Watch! I have wanted one ever since I read the biography of W.C. Ball (which is a fun little read, not a long boring book!). I ended up with a nightbreaker with a blue textured face secondhand. As I understand these were a special order where you had some freedom to design the watch within certain parameters and I gotta say, I finally found a watch (other than my speedy pro of course) that fits my wrist perfectly. I already have the cognac suede strap ordered and once it is in I will post pictures. I am so excited I am already working on another trade for an Oris I don't even have in yet for another Ball Watch! I am in love with the history of the brand!
    Cheers all,
    MrZeke

Ball watch is like many other now, no connection for USA since many years, Hong Kong company 100%, only very old Ball vintage watches have any connection to original company.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My first was the Ohio.... I have a starlight on order.... Is it September yet???
    MrZeke likes this.

I knew they weren't still owned by the u.s. ball family, but I was under the impression they were a swiss company now. Why do you say they are a Hong Kong company now? Are the ETA movements made in Hong Kong now? I am always game to learn something new my friend.
    Cheers
    MrZeke
    Quote Originally Posted by novete View Post
    Ball watch is like many other now, no connection for USA since many years, Hong Kong company 100%, only very old Ball vintage watches have any connection to original company.

Quote Originally Posted by novete View Post
    Thank you for inspiring me to do some research my friend. They are owned by Hong Kong Holding Group, but made in Switzerland. Ya learn something new every day. I suspect there are a great number of "swiss" watch companies owned out of Asia as with many industries. I still feel like there is a connection to their heritage however, and I love the watch none the less. I do appreciate you illuminating the facts about the ownership though.
    cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by MrZeke View Post
    Thank you for inspiring me to do some research my friend. They are owned by Hong Kong Holding Group, but made in Switzerland. Ya learn something new every day. I suspect there are a great number of "swiss" watch companies owned out of Asia as with many industries. I still feel like there is a connection to their heritage however, and I love the watch none the less. I do appreciate you illuminating the facts about the ownership though.
    cheers,
    Manufactured in Switzerland ? in this building which i also the headquarters of two other watch companies owned by the same owners as Ball ? I don't think so.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ru...19!4d6.8055435

Maybe this building is for just putting the movement in the case and a bit of polishing to get the 'Swiss made' and then shipping from Switzerland.

Total employees in Switzerland 17 outside Switzerland 400

Looks like a typical swiss building I saw while staying in Zurich. I guess I'll never know unless I go back and bang on the front door, lol.
    Cheers

see the difference in size, when the watches are actually made on the premises

https://www.google.com/search?biw=19....0.z0cmAeLpNHs
    MrZeke likes this.

I totally understand the difference in size, especially if they are putting out large quantities of time pieces a year. I have a silver pouring operation in my garage, but I don't produce near the quantity of a real mint.

Thread Information