First Post Greetings...
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: First Post Greetings...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Post Greetings...

Hello everyone, my name is Greg and I live in Seattle. I had no idea there was a Ball forum till the other day. I wanted to share my first Ball purchase, an Engineer II that I bought from a great seller over on the Rolex Forums. I'm loving this watch! I received it on November 10th and it's gained only 20 seconds. Very impressive for a watch that doesn't have an official COSC certificate. I'm also very pleased with it's construction and finish. The trinium dial markers are a knock out feature. I didn't know the Ball brand had been sold and reintroduced until I saw Gary Sinise wearing one in an episode of "CSI NY" a couple of years ago. It blew me away and I knew right then I had to have one eventually.

I have a tt 1987 Rolex DJ with a TOG bezel that I love very much, but Rolex isn't a brand I can afford to jump into collecting exclusively. Ball is a different story. I'll be able to afford more in the coming years and I'm looking forward to my next one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by thunderball57; November 15th, 2014 at 18:15.

Re: First Post Greetings...

Welcome to the forum! The tritium tubes on that one are going to be a lot of fun. Congrats on your Ball!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    Welcome to the forum! The tritium tubes on that one are going to be a lot of fun. Congrats on your Ball!
    Thanks! When I first checked the lume I was somewhat disappointed that it wasn't brighter, but after wearing it for 5 days it's improved a lot. Not sure if it was due to sitting for awhile or what. Anyone else experience this issue with a Ball?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on your new Ball.

With regard to the lume, I think you are just getting use to far bright/dim it is. Tritium tube isn't going to light up like s candle after some time under sun or UV light like superluminova paint, but compare the two after just 30min you will see tritium tube to be brighter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram: ten13th
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

Thanks much. I suppose I was expecting more, but I could swear it's become brighter since I got it. I notice the lume right away now when I step into a dark room or while driving at night. I certainly wouldn't want it any brighter than it already is now. Probably just getting used to it as you stated. Watchmaker showed me a high lume watch (can't remember the make) when I was having it sized. I swear, one could practically read a book by it. Way too much.

welcome to the ball family. u hv a right choice to choose ball! ball build high quality watch.you will love it!

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Welcome and I'm glad your enjoying your Arabic.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Quote Originally Posted by watchnbuy View Post
    welcome to the ball family. u hv a right choice to choose ball! ball build high quality watch.you will love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    Welcome and I'm glad your enjoying your Arabic.
    Thanks! I'm loving it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderball57 View Post
    Thanks much. I suppose I was expecting more,
    That's a common expectation. As mentioned above, tritium tubes are not as bright as the initial bloom of traditional lume, but when you wake up at 2 AM and compare THATs when you really appreciate how bright tritium is!

I won't travel with anything else now!

Quote Originally Posted by ~tc~ View Post
    That's a common expectation. As mentioned above, tritium tubes are not as bright as the initial bloom of traditional lume, but when you wake up at 2 AM and compare THATs when you really appreciate how bright tritium is!

I won't travel with anything else now!
    I certainly don't have any trouble reading the time when I awaken in the night.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information