HC Bezel questions...

Thread: HC Bezel questions...

HC Bezel questions...

I have the HC Chrono, purchased May of '07 in Tokyo. I was wondering two things:

1. My version has the gaslight in the bezel at 12, I've noticed the pics on Ball's WS has a luminova triangle instead...which is the newer version? (I would assume the GL version)

2. I'm thinking of swapping the bezel for a 24HR version, to use as a dual time zone when traveling, has anyone done this? Where could I order the bezel and could I change it myself?

Thanks!

Re: HC Bezel questions...

Not sure about #1, but #2 won't really work. Without a 24 hour hand, the bezel will be useless, as it tracks the GMT hand which only goes around the dial once per day, where the main hand rotates twice per day. The GMT hand moves essentially at 1/2 the speed of the main hand, i.e. covering two hours inbetween the main hour 1 and 2 etc.

The other issue with #2 is that the GMT is a 40mm watch while the HC Chrono is a 42mm watch... GMT bezel is too small.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys, do you know if there is a 12 hr bezel that would fit?

I also have the HC Chrono, and the only other 42mm HC is the mad cow, which still has the 60 minute elapsed counter. Of course Ball has several GMT watches..

Thread Information