Hello Ball forum, meet my Hydrocarbon "Mad Cow"

Thread: Hello Ball forum, meet my Hydrocarbon "Mad Cow"

Picture Hello Ball forum, meet my Hydrocarbon "Mad Cow"

I just recently re-registered on WUS after being away for a while. Thought I would drop in and introduce myself and my Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow". I bought this second-handed a couple of months back and have wanted one for months before that. The previous owner de-blinged it a little by applying a brushed finish to the polished parts, making it look more uniform all-around. I don't normally go for customizing watches, but this works well.

Some of my photos.

Re: Hello Ball forum, meet my Hydrocarbon "Mad Cow"

I'm impressed with your photographs - very nice job.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Baume & Mercier Worldtimer, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, IWC Aquatimer Chrono Blue & Orange,Omega SMP, Rolex Gmt-Master II BNLR, Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf Special, Zenith El Primero Stratos Flyback Striking 10th

Hi Chris,

Welcome back to WUS, and welcome to the Ball Forum!

Those are beautiful pics...thanks for posting them!

I remember seeing your custom brushed Mad Cow when it was put up for sale by the original owner. He did a nice job.

I hope that you'll drop by, often!
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi, I'm a new guy, but er... welcome back anyway!

Those are some pretty pro pics... very impressive!

The de-blinged Mad Cow is very interesting.... it has a lot more of a rugged look to it! (didn't think it could look even more rugged! lol...)
    Regards,
    - TY -

Nice photos there. Haven't seen one did before. How do you shoot the 4th photo whereby it shows reflective tube lumes on the black surface?
    From the photo I don't see much difference after de-blingation. But it looks nice and brand new. Does the titanium part polished also?

Quote Originally Posted by yautjarekcah View Post
    Nice photos there. Haven't seen one did before. How do you shoot the 4th photo whereby it shows reflective tube lumes on the black surface?
    From the photo I don't see much difference after de-blingation. But it looks nice and brand new. Does the titanium part polished also?
    The last photo is a variation of the night/day photo right before it. In this case the watch is placed onto a mirror (2 mirrors in this case, salvaged from an old photocopier) and the bottom part is the actual reflection in the mirror with the lights off. The top part is with the lights on. Yes, I do an overlay of 2 photos. Dont' try this at home with a normal mirror, you will get multiple reflections. I used special mirrors with the reflective coating on the front side of the glass.

Interesting thing about the 2nd photo, it was an accidental creation. I was doing my overlay to create #3 and accidentally chose a blending method that made the entire photo B/W except for the lume. I just quick saved a copy and continued with making the #3 photo.

As for you second question, I don't fully understand. The polished areas from the factory are on some parts of the bezel, the center links of the bracelet, and I'm not sure what parts of the case come polished, if any. The color all matches so I always just thought it was the same titanium alloy all-around.

Hi Chris

Beautiful watch and I can't say how impressed I am with the photo's, technically excellent , you've just got to be a pro right?

Thread Information