Hello everyone and welcome to the OFFICIAL Ball Watch Forum!!!

Thread: Hello everyone and welcome to the OFFICIAL Ball Watch Forum!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello everyone and welcome to the OFFICIAL Ball Watch Forum!!!

Hello Ball Watch Forum members,

I am honored to be chosen as the Official Ball Watch Forum moderator. I have been “into” Ball watches for quite some time now and I truly feel they are THE brand of the future. I am proud to represent them and hope I can help you all enjoy this brand as much as I do.

A little bit about me:

I have been seriously collecting watches since the early 1990’s and have been a participant on the various internet watch communities since 1997. Over the years I have collected hundreds of watches, but my philosophy has been more “catch n’ release” then “hunter gatherer”. So I tend to trade watches frequently.

In the late 90’s Ernie Romers and I were co-moderators on another website that took a turn for the worse. Still, in its heyday we were rockin’! It was tremendous fun and I really did enjoy working with Ernie. It is great that we get to do so again.

Afterwards, I created the Ultimate Dive Watch Forum, which quickly became huge. I had a great time developing that forum, but it become too much for me to handle on my own, so I “donated” it. It is still in existence and running along nicely.

From 1999 to 2005, I was the watch reviews writer for InSync Magazine. It was my first experience as a professional writer. I was a wonderful experience and I learned a great deal. Heck, I even got to interview Clive Cussler!

Lately, I have been keeping my hobby mostly to myself. Acquiring and trading the odd watch here and there. That is until I got into Ball watches. I just cannot seem to get enough of them. I posted yesterday some comments about attention to detail and innovation. This is where I feel Ball goes all out. For the price you pay you get a heck of a lot of watch.

I sincerely wish to turn this forum into the premier source for Ball watch information. With the help of Jeff Hess and Ball Watch USA, we will strive to bring you the latest information and pictures. We will answer EVERY question you have as quickly ad we possibly can. Please keep in mind however that we are not on the forum 24hrs/day, therefore please be patient with us, but I trust you will be quite pleased with what we will provide.

IMPORTANT NEW RULE:

Lastly, I would just like to take a brief moment to discuss the matter of grey-market sellers. Since this is the Official Ball Watch Forum, we must be careful not to bring these sellers up. Ball USA is working tirelessly to bring these fine timepieces to North-America and having to go head to head with these dealers is almost a full time occupation. Please, I ask you to refrain from mentioning them or publicly leading others to their sites or sales post. In turn we promise to offer you a level of customer service, visibility and accessibility unsurpassed on the on-line communities. Unfortunately, all posts referring them will be deleted. I know this may sound harsh, but if we want to continue as an OFFICIAL forum and with the presence of the people behind the watches, then these are the rules.

Thank you for reading my extremely long winded introduction.

So, now let’s have some fun!!!

Marc
    Time2watch
    Last edited by Time2watch; September 20th, 2007 at 06:31.

Re: Hello everyone and welcome to the OFFICIAL Ball Watch Forum!!!

Welcome Sir! Your review of the master diver was one of the major factors which convinced me to take a look into Ball watches and now im a proud owner of one. Thanks again! Had a hard time looking for the Ball forum at the Brands Forum
    Last edited by jaymd; September 15th, 2007 at 00:34.

Sorry about that
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Marc,

Thanks for the introduction. It's a pleasure to work with you again
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Marc - thanks for the nice intro and heres to a great new official forum.

Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations Mr. Hess on the birth of the official Ball watch forum. I think you made a great choice in watchuseek. It seems to be the place to be and there's such a healthy vibe here that I can see nothing but good things for your company and for watchuseek.

Coming from a Sinn background, I love the technically innovative model line up you have for us. Such a nice juicy selection. I plan to add a few to my collection.

All the best to you and your company.

regards,
    Tim Patrick

Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Marc. Great to have you aboard. I see nothing but good things for this forum. Should be fun for sure.

All the best to you.

Tim

Hey Marc,

Congrats and it's good to see you back on active role here at the Ball Forum. Moving forward with official company backing as well as an enthusiastic group of Ball watch owners here is a sure fire recipe for growing Ball WIS! All the best!
    Last edited by bullosa; September 15th, 2007 at 13:37.

Hi Marc,

It's great to have you and Warren as moderators for the new official Ball Watch Company Forum! We are in excellent hands!

It was very interesting reading your illustrious background in the world of watches, watch board communities, and writing. You and Ernie must have been WIS forces to be reckoned with, back in the day, eh?

I look forward to supporting you, Warren, and the forum, in whatever ways that I can.
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Congratulations. Looking forward to a "bright" future for the ball forum here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information