Hydrocarbon Classic II

Thread: Hydrocarbon Classic II

Hydrocarbon Classic II

I am looking to replace a Luminox with Hydrocarbon Classic II with the white dial. The Luminox worked reasonably well with coat and tie as well as a sport, dive watch. Will the Classic II dress up or is it too big?

Fatrabbit

Re: Hydrocarbon Classic II

Hi Fatrabbit,

Welcome to WUS and the Ball Forum!

If you're pleased with your Luminox, wearing it both for casual/sport and dress occasions, I'd bet that you'd be very pleased with the Hydrocarbon Classic II! Imho, it would definitely dress things up a bit.

As to whether it might be too big...with a case width of 40mm, even with the large crown guard, I doubt that it would be overly big if you're an average size man. The case height is around 14mm, so it might present a challenge to wearing with long sleeve shirts, if your cuffs are pretty fitted to your wrists...but I could be wrong, here...anyone?

I hope that you'll visit often, Fatrabbit.
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Re: Hydrocarbon Classic II

Quote Originally Posted by FATRABBIT View Post
    I am looking to replace a Luminox with Hydrocarbon Classic II with the white dial. The Luminox worked reasonably well with coat and tie as well as a sport, dive watch. Will the Classic II dress up or is it too big?

Fatrabbit
    I think the Classic II is a great watch for dress and "sport". It is a good mix of Matte and polished finishes. The size is a notch or two smaller than todays extra large watches. It compares to the submariner in that category except the thickness of the hydrocarbon gives it a little more wrist presence. It is very solid. The Bracelet is very impressive and the optional Rubber strap also very nice. I own the Black version but my opinion is that a white version is probably even dressier. You cannot go wrong with this watch. I purchased mine from preppyboy in the Phillipines and got it in about 3 days.
    Thanks
    Chris
    Current Collection
    IWC 3227-02
    Armida A5
    Vintage Zodiac Olympos SST
    Casio MD 703
    Ball Night Train
    Ollech & Wajs Mirage III

Thread Information