I just saw The Alligator - NOS in STORE !!!!!...wow, what a watch !!

Thread: I just saw The Alligator - NOS in STORE !!!!!...wow, what a watch !!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Member WatchFan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    340

    Confused I just saw The Alligator - NOS in STORE !!!!!...wow, what a watch !!



    ...as I was visiting a friend who just became Ball AD, I came across this
    fine looking watch. As you know this limited and numbered model is now
    long discontinued and sold out.
    Story goes, that Ball distributors found 4-5 of these brand new pieces
    somewhere deep in their vault and sold them recently to their best stores.
    This store being a new a local AD was very fortunate and got one of them.
    The one they have has white dial - as pictured above.

    If anyone is looking for one of these, send me e-mail and I can give you the
    info. who has it. Hope it is OK with moderators that I am making this post, but
    I would much rather have this rare watch to go to a Ball aficionado frequenting
    this forum than some guy just walking to the store, who likes it, buys it -
    but has no clue what he owns.

    Cheers!

    Milos ([email protected])

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kingston, New York
    Posts
    974

    No way !

    Just sent an email . Do we know color dial yet ?

  3. #3
    Member CalDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Central California
    Posts
    1,257

    Re: I just saw The Alligator - NOS in STORE !!!!!...wow, what a watch !!

    I just spoke with the AD who has this watch. It is a white dial. The seller is offering me a 24 hour "hold" while I decide.
    Last edited by CalDiver; October 3rd, 2007 at 23:55.
    Chris

    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." -Oscar Wilde
    ==========================
    Collector of Ball, Stowa and Glycine timepieces

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kingston, New York
    Posts
    974

    Man no luck !

    But boy that was fun ! The thrill of the hunt ! Thanks for the afternoon pick me up Milos .

  6. #5
    Member WatchFan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    340

    Re: I just saw The Alligator - NOS in STORE !!!!!...wow, what a watch !!

    Quote Originally Posted by CalDiver View Post
    I just spoke with the AD who had this watch. It is a white dial. It is SOLD.
    Congratulations, Chris !!
    Just so you know...we anticipate a full pictorial when you get it

  7. #6
    Member WatchFan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    340

    Re: Man no luck !

    Quote Originally Posted by MARK74 View Post
    But boy that was fun ! The thrill of the hunt ! Thanks for the afternoon pick me up Milos .
    Ya' never know......it could be available tomorrow afternoon if Chris
    changes his mind

    Originally he said "It is a white dial. It is SOLD."
    Now it is: "The seller is offering me a 24 hour "hold" while I decide."

  8. #7
    Member ronsabbagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    767

    Re: Man no luck !

    Please let me know if this watch is available. My email address is [email protected]

    Thanks,
    Ron

  9. #8
    Member MarkJnK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: Man no luck !

    Quote Originally Posted by ronsabbagh View Post
    Please let me know if this watch is available. My email address is [email protected]

    Thanks,
    Ron
    You really have the Gator bug Ron!?! One isn't enough?? LOL! Good Luck!

  10. #9
    Member ronsabbagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    767

    Re: Man no luck !

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJnK View Post
    You really have the Gator bug Ron!?! One isn't enough?? LOL! Good Luck!

    Hi Mark....hope you're well!!!

    Funny story....my dad..a mechanical engineer...fell in love with my Alligator and swiped it from me (that S.O.B.)......my dad is aces with me so I was happy to give it to him....but I absolutely love the Alligator myself. Figured I'd try to track down a white-faced model so there is some variety in the family.

    My dad is a Rolex kind of guy and has been wearing one since the 60's (with an occasional appearance by an Omega Speedy Pro). He says the Ball is the only watch that has peaked his interest in the past decade or so....as a mechanical engineer he really appreciates the many unique design features of the hydrocarbons..particularly the 'gator.

    Can't thank you enough, Mark....

    Would love to find a white gator somewhere...

    Warmest Regards,
    Ron

  11. #10
    Member MarkJnK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: Man no luck !

    Quote Originally Posted by ronsabbagh View Post
    Hi Mark....hope you're well!!!

    Funny story....my dad..a mechanical engineer...fell in love with my Alligator and swiped it from me (that S.O.B.)......my dad is aces with me so I was happy to give it to him....but I absolutely love the Alligator myself. Figured I'd try to track down a white-faced model so there is some variety in the family.

    My dad is a Rolex kind of guy and has been wearing one since the 60's (with an occasional appearance by an Omega Speedy Pro). He says the Ball is the only watch that has peaked his interest in the past decade or so....as a mechanical engineer he really appreciates the many unique design features of the hydrocarbons..particularly the 'gator.

    Can't thank you enough, Mark....

    Would love to find a white gator somewhere...

    Warmest Regards,
    Ron
    You are a good son, and your Dad is a lucky man. Hope you both wear them in good health!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •