I love Ball watch but Im frustrated.
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I love Ball watch but Im frustrated.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I love Ball watch but Im frustrated.

Hey all I posted this in another forum but I wanted to ask here as well...I have asked this forum before about Ball Watch repair and gotten some very helpful responses. I elected to send my watch directly to Ball through the Ball website and store. My question about sending in to Ball: I sent my Engineer II Pioneer in for repair back in Nov. 2018, down to Duber Time and since then I have had to follow up multiple times just to see if there was even an estimate done for cost to repair. They never reached out to me first. They told me it would take between 12-14 weeks for repair, and that December is a tough month because of the holidays so I wasnt too worried. I knew it would be a while.

About 3 weeks ago I called Duber Time and asked what the status was, and they emailed me about 2 days later saying it was repaired in Switzerland and on the next shipment back to Duber Time. Duber Time said that it would still have to clear customs so it may take a while. After that they would ship it back to me.

My question is has anyone had experience with how long it takes to clear customs? It seems like 3-4 weeks is a long time. Also is it normal for Ball or Duber to just repair a watch without providing a cost estimate?

I love my Ball Watch, probably my favorite watch in my collection (which is why I went to the manufacturer for repair, usually I bring my watches to a local shop) but Im a frustrated with the lack of communication by Duber and Ball. Its been 19 weeks since I sent the watch for repair and I just want my watch back...whether its fixed or still broken at this point.

Thanks in advance for your guys’ input!
    Current Collection
    Automatics:

Ball Engineer II Pioneer
    Mondaine SBB Classic Automatic
    Seiko Presage SARW013 Urushi
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Seiko 5 SNK615K1
    Orient Mako II

Quartz:
    Victorinox Infantry Chrono
    Seiko Perpetual Calendar
    Movado Luno
    Timex Bayman
    Casio Five Alarm

Re: I love Ball watch but Im frustrated.

Customs can easily take a month or more to clear and shipped back to the US based on my previous experience. Just depends on the country and their workload.

Just keep the contact channel open with reminders so everyone stays in the loop.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Since you are in New York there are two repair centers for Ball in NYC. You can find them on Ball website.
    Ard likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The time frame you are experiencing is reasonable for a watch sent to Switzerland for repair. You are simply experiencing "Suisseness" at its finest. Be patient. Lastly, Duber has always treated me fairly and I wouldn't worry about the cost, but I would expect that it could be in the price range of a complete service / overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Customs can easily take a month or more to clear and shipped back to the US based on my previous experience. Just depends on the country and their workload.

Just keep the contact channel open with reminders so everyone stays in the loop.
    thanks for the response, I guess its not unusual for customs to be on the slower side of processing things like this. I just wish that Duber and Ball were more communicative during the process. I'll definitely continue to follow up with them until I have a tracking number.

Quote Originally Posted by Igorek View Post
    Since you are in New York there are two repair centers for Ball in NYC. You can find them on Ball website.
    thanks for replying. I would have definitely preferred to use a repair center in NYC but when I searched for repair centers on Ball's website the only US one that showed up was Duber Time in Florida. I'll admit that I was a little hasty in sending it out but I just wanted it fixed. Next time I'll definitely look around more.

Quote Originally Posted by qa_ii View Post
    The time frame you are experiencing is reasonable for a watch sent to Switzerland for repair. You are simply experiencing "Suisseness" at its finest. Be patient. Lastly, Duber has always treated me fairly and I wouldn't worry about the cost, but I would expect that it could be in the price range of a complete service / overhaul.
    thank you for responding, this puts my mind a little more at ease. I knew that the repair process would take 12-14 weeks but I was expecting or hoping for an estimate beforehand. I'm sure they're pricing will be fair. The only thing I'm really concerned with is the time frame, at the end of this week it'll be 20 weeks since they confirmed they received my watch.

I'm looking at purchasing a Ball watch in the very near future. Just curious what was wrong with the watch that you had to send it in for service?

I recently had my Fireman Ionosphere sent to Duber for service. Had them service the movement, refinish the case, and replace the dial for fresh tritium tubes. Turnaround time was about 8 weeks.

I feel ya man. I had to email, phone, beg and nag almost continuously to get things moving on ny Chris Ward service ..about this time last year. All told, it took months and months to finally get my watch back from the UK. There was not the slightest sense of urgency on their part in responding to emails pleading for a status update as to where my watch was etc.
    Customs on the other side of the ocean did me no favors either..it was held hostage for almost a month while they and CW negotiated its release for just a routine service. In sum, I can only advise patience..maybe to the extent of "forgetting " about it..that's what I had to do and one day I got notification it FINALLY was shipped .
    Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    umarrajs likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information