I want a Ball

Thread: I want a Ball

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I want a Ball

help on choosing the right ball watch. What I want is a nice 41 or 42mm without a timing bezel, no diver, on bracelet, a very simple dial with the new t100 vials. Also one with a train on the caseback. no price concerns. maybe a white dial. also needs a nice big crown.

Re: I want a Ball

You might want to take a look at the Fireman series. Don't worry about the T100, the series is plenty bright.

For a more complex dial but really great lume, take a look at some of the Trainmaster series, especially the Arabic Chronometer and Small Seconds. The do come in white dials, and are very easy to read. Sadly, however, they have display backs, no choo-choos for you.

If you wanted a 43mm, the white dialed night train would be your option, as it comes with a white face, and bracelet option in a SS case. And 100 milicuries as well.
    Last edited by obie; September 1st, 2007 at 20:57.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey Sean,

I agree with Warren; based on what you're looking for, the upcoming white dialed Fireman Night Train(no pics available, yet) with bracelet should fit the bill nicely. The crown is decent sized, but not extra large.

You've probably already seen these...but, just in case, here are some pics of the black dialed Night Train with the rubber strap option. As for the caseback engraving, Ball Watch rep Jeremy Hogan("ballwatch") has told us that the Night Train's caseback engraving will be based on one of the "Art Deco" streamliner trains...should be very cool. Hands on the white dialed Night Train will have reverse color scheme--white on the inside, and black on the outside edge. White dialed case/bracelet will come in standard brushed ss finish.

Images borrowed from member ballwatch/Ball Watch Co.

Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    If you wanted a 43mm, the white dialed night train would be your option, as it comes with a white face, and bracelet option in a SS case. And 100 milicuries as well.
    Is the Fireman 43mm T100? It seems bright, but I have the blue marker tubes, and they are never as bright as green. I have seen some pics on the net of the Fireman with green markers. I wonder why they made the change, the contrast with the hands makes the watch!

I don't think they are T100. I was just referring to the size of the case. The Night Train is part of the Fireman series, the 1st with T100 tubes...

Yes, I think that is correct. However, the 43mm Fireman is way bright enough for any night use.

I know you said 41 or 42mm, but the 40mm EMII Chronometer Ltd Ed. is great, and plenty bright even though it's T25

Rob

I agree with Rob. I have the gold faced EM II LE.
    Its a substantial, handsome watch. Just the size you're'looking for.
    Here's a message from Jerry at Ball USA that identifies the T100 watches as of last February:

Great news, we have recently acquired our 100 mci license from the NRC. We are now the only civilian watch company in the US to have such a license. We have begun to import some of these high-mci watches. So far, the ones that we have brought in are the Engineer Master II Classic, Trainmaster Even Arabic, Trainmaster Arabic Chronometer, Engineer Master II Moonglow, and we now carry the Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic and GMT models with the extra wide gas tube markers. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you may need any additional materials and information.
    Thanks and Best,
    Jerry Sirois
    VP Sales & Marketing
    BALL Watch USA
    727-896-4278
    Jim in NH

Quote Originally Posted by jburson250 View Post
    I agree with Rob. I have the gold faced EM II LE.
    Its a substantial, handsome watch. Just the size you're'looking for.
    Here's a message from Jerry at Ball USA that identifies the T100 watches as of last February:

Great news, we have recently acquired our 100 mci license from the NRC. We are now the only civilian watch company in the US to have such a license. We have begun to import some of these high-mci watches. So far, the ones that we have brought in are the Engineer Master II Classic, Trainmaster Even Arabic, Trainmaster Arabic Chronometer, Engineer Master II Moonglow, and we now carry the Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic and GMT models with the extra wide gas tube markers. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you may need any additional materials and information.
    Thanks and Best,
    Jerry Sirois
    VP Sales & Marketing
    BALL Watch USA
    727-896-4278
    Well, I must stand corrected (maybe)...
    I have two of the Arabic Chronometers, the latest bought last week. The lume is IDENTICAL to the Trainmaster small seconds (but maybe that is a more recent import than the list, I got that one around March I think). The lume on my EM Limited Edition, same as the one shown above, is just as bright (although there is a difference in the yellow and green tubes).
    So the REAL question is:
    Does the T25 - T100 rating apply to INDIVIDUAL TUBES, or to the TOTAL LUME????
    Because I was previously told by the boys at Ball in Fla that the Arabic Chronometers could not come into the Country previously, and that there WERE some watches that did not have the "3" or the "6", but only markers in their place for the US market - in fact there was some text to that effect on the US Website about the conductor not having the "3". So is the rating for the tubes or the total lume? I don't see the lume on the Arabics being brighter than the limited ed, and I don't think there are more tubes, so I am confused. I do acknowledge that the wide tubes are brighter, but that may be a separate issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information