I'm Dying... For a Ball Watch..
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I'm Dying... For a Ball Watch..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy I'm Dying... For a Ball Watch..

I've known of the Ball brand for a few years now and really due to the price range, these watches have been out of my reach.. When I first discovered the brand I thought 'yeah, those watches are pretty cool' but didn't appreciate their quality or design because I saw the price and just walked away.. Well, a couple years go by and I have forgotten all about Ball.. Then I decided the other day to try and "re-spark" my watch addiction/lust and find the "next watch to get".. well.. I did.. I really want a Deepquest... like really badly.

I cannot get enough of how awesome Ball watches are. They look amazing in so many ways - they are completely unique.. from the hands, indices, the case, clasp and metal bracelets, they are just solid. and, of course, the gas tubes. I love that they are ever so slightly radioactive.. they look so industrial and retro yet functional and beautiful.

Something snapped in me last night while watching videos and looking at countless pictures of the deepquest and I told myself, ' that's it.. I have to have it..'

So, ultimately, this thread is really just to find other people to talk to about Ball watches since none of the other people I interact with really care nearly as much as I do about watches. I literally have no one to banter with about these watches. Or about how thick and chunky they are.. I love thick, hefty watches.. especially one with thick domed sapphire like the deepquest... I have to have it...! I guess I need to sell off a few in my collection
    Last edited by KyleA; July 21st, 2014 at 05:33.

Re: I'm Dying... For a Ball Watch..

Sounds like you suffer from B.A.S. or Ball Acquisition Syndrome... We all on the topper forum suffer from it... Sorry.. There is no cure... Only to keep wanting one after another! I've already got 2 and I want 4 more! Good luck.... We'll all need it!
    KyleA likes this.

Also... Have you seen, handled one in the metal? I did 2 years ago... And before then... I though the brand was cheesy because of the full page ad's in watchtime Magazine... But I was on the hunt for a new brand and found a few ball dealers... But they went under.. .then I found an AD fairly close by. So I took a visit and glanced at a few from the case and then when I found one that actually peaked my interest, I asked to see it up close.....I could tell right away that the pictures did no justice to the actual watch in hand. The fit and finish and quality of the finish work, the tritium gas tubes, the variety of colors used for the lume.... Just everything... I knew they would be a huge hit! Also most of the design's were different! Once you see one in person... You will fall in love!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I did go to an AD and saw a few in person recently. It was going there that reminded me of the brand and the ones they had looked great but didn't make me jump so unfortunately I never held any of them.. But then I decided to research their different models and found several that I love and realized the Deepquest is probably the most realistic one I can get.. Plus it is one of my favorites anyway because of how thick and solid it is! that 4mm domed sapphire is gorgeous. I need to head back to an AD and hold a Deepquest soon... I can tell I will own several Ball watches in my lifetime..

Just a word before this gets too much further--as this is an official Ball forum, you can't talk prices other than retail--so whether the used Deepquest is a good deal or not is something that you will have to determine on your own. That said, you can of course find several threads here regarding the merits and demerits of any Ball watch, including the Deepquest. Good luck in your attempts to join the club.
    samanator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Just a word before this gets too much further--as this is an official Ball forum, you can't talk prices other than retail--so whether the used Deepquest is a good deal or not is something that you will have to determine on your own. That said, you can of course find several threads here regarding the merits and demerits of any Ball watch, including the Deepquest. Good luck in your attempts to join the club.
    Thanks for mentioning the detail about prices, I edited my post. Thanks for the reply! Hope to join the club soon :)

You came to the right place. We're a bunch of enablers. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    KyleA likes this.
    Follow me on Instagram: ten13th
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

It truly is an addiction. I am just glad my boss and wife don't know how much time I spend looking at "Balls". Also glad "Ballwatch.com" doesn't throw a flag on the work computer's filter.
    KyleA and clarken like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    That doesn't make any sense to me. Why can't you discuss used prices? This seems to me the place they should want that done. Keep everything as close to in house as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

To the OP I would truly suggest trying on the watches a time or two if you can. Engineer Hydrocarbon watches wear a bit bigger than their case size indicate, plus some tend to be on the thick side. EMII, EII, Traimaster and Fireman tend to be a bit more universal in fit. I found the DeepQuest very comfortable. It did get noticed more than any other EHC I've owned (I've had about 5). Now compared to my EHC Black it was quite a bit bigger. The Monoblock case on the DQ allows it to sit down more on the wrist than the 18mm height would make you believe. I've seen them on people with wrist sizes down to about 7" and it looked OK. Less than that you should look for a little smaller watch.

Visually this watch is a knockout. Functionally I still have not found any watch regardless of price that can match it's crown action.

If it does not fit don't fret, the Black, Airborn, NADU, XV or the EMII Skindiver are great alternatives.
    Last edited by samanator; July 21st, 2014 at 19:06.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information