Lets clear the air a little bit

Thread: Lets clear the air a little bit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tampa, Florida and Daytona Beach, Florida

Lets clear the air a little bit

Several people on this board and WUS in general seem a tad bit edgy lately. I have asked numerous questions lately about warranties, bezels, luminova, repairs, etc etc. All have been in an attempt to simply gain knowledge on my particular watch and Ball Watch in general. No comment I have made in a discussion I have started or been involved in has been intended to be critical of Ball Watch, my watch, or anything else around here. I hope I haven't been misunderstood at times.

To those around here who have been involved or interested in my particular situation I say this: I think my situation is a little unusual. My watch is a limited production piece. It's already 2-3 years old. It's new to me and my first Ball ever, so naturally I have questions and need information. I ALWAYS seek information from more than one source on anything in life. When I get different answers from different people to the same question I usually keep digging until I get a majority of similar responses, and I try to ask people whom I think would be in the know.

That's all. Thanks for listening.

Retired from Fire Rescue with 30 years on the job 1/5/2019

Re: Lets clear the air a little bit

Amen to how you go about gathering information. It is important to get such kinds of detail and this should be the proper forum for that. I hope you continue to enjoy your visits at the Ball Forum as well as continue to enjoy wearing your ball watch.
    Chris

Collection:

Ball Engineer Master Classic
    Marcello Nettuno 3 "NEW" Sword hands version
    Tudor Prince Day-Date Gold
    Seiko 6138-8020 Panda 1975 Vintage

That's what the forums are all about Chuck - exchange of info and knowledge. They can't all be "wrist shot" posts.
    ¿Qué hora son?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Chuck,

You have a Rockin Watch and this is the place to ask questions and get answers. Keep right on doing what you are doin.

Peace Out

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMiller View Post
    Several people on this board and WUS in general seem a tad bit edgy lately. I have asked numerous questions lately about warranties, bezels, luminova, repairs, etc etc. All have been in an attempt to simply gain knowledge on my particular watch and Ball Watch in general. No comment I have made in a discussion I have started or been involved in has been intended to be critical of Ball Watch, my watch, or anything else around here. I hope I haven't been misunderstood at times.

To those around here who have been involved or interested in my particular situation I say this: I think my situation is a little unusual. My watch is a limited production piece. It's already 2-3 years old. It's new to me and my first Ball ever, so naturally I have questions and need information. I ALWAYS seek information from more than one source on anything in life. When I get different answers from different people to the same question I usually keep digging until I get a majority of similar responses, and I try to ask people whom I think would be in the know.

That's all. Thanks for listening.
    Because nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational poster about being a winner.

i agree with you as i have sort of the same attitude as you when researching on something, but from my experience is that because we're on the internet, our facial expression, voice tone and gestures cannot be seen or heard or felt, that's why sometimes an innocent question might turn out to "feel" like an inquiry.
    - clouder -

be happy and be healthy!

I couldn't agree with you more. I used to see the 'attitude' more at TZ than here but it is slowly migrating over to WUS. Some seem to feel that questions shouldn't be asked until you've exausted all other avenues of info. HELLOOOO!! If they do give you their opinion then they get upset if you don't fall over yourself thanking them for their wisdom. I for one love being able to answer someone's question (if I know the answer) I guess it's just a simple case of 'mind over matter. If you don't mind, then they don't matter'

Your logic and reasoning seem fair to me!

TMW

Chuck - we welcome you here, and glad you have joined the club! Keep asking questions when you can, and keep up the participation.

I believe that this forum is very open, but it is an official forum at the end of the day. It is not heavily moderated - but very open - which attests to the people here on the forum, and to fellow ball owners. I know several people with Ball are on here frequently - so they are getting direct information from their "customers", and enjoy interacting.

I would encourage you if you do have customer service issues to handle directly with ball, or feel free to PM me if you want to talk offline.

Todd

Banned

Yes Chuck, your seeing bad attitudes and petty action here on WUS. Shame, good sound advice is given and then ridiculed. The question you have put froth on the procurment of the Alligator model you have obtained is not going to be an easy answer. It seems it would have to be returned to Ball Watch and in a professional manner, corrected, if it can be accomplished at all.

I was recently refered to as "an eletist". If being a professional watch maker, attending schools, seminars, continuning education programs and manufactor updates makes me and eletists, then I am at least a dedicated one.

Advice I can give that is time tested;

Do not place you hand on a hot stove and not expect to come away unharmed.

Never co-sign a loan.

Do not sign a lease agreement with four friends.

Do not attempt to regulate a complicated time piece if you have never even opened one.

In all four situations, you can save yourself pain and money if you follow good, sound advice.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBallDealer View Post
    Yes Chuck, your seeing bad attitudes and petty action here on WUS. Shame, good sound advice is given and then ridiculed. The question you have put froth on the procurment of the Alligator model you have obtained is not going to be an easy answer. It seems it would have to be returned to Ball Watch and in a professional manner, corrected, if it can be accomplished at all.

I was recently refered to as "an eletist". If being a professional watch maker, attending schools, seminars, continuning education programs and manufactor updates makes me and eletists, then I am at least a dedicated one.

Advice I can give that is time tested;

Do not place you hand on a hot stove and not expect to come away unharmed.

Never co-sign a loan.

Do not sign a lease agreement with four friends.

Do not attempt to regulate a complicated time piece if you have never even opened one.

In all four situations, you can save yourself pain and money if you follow good, sound advice.
    well spoken T......
    BALL AVIATOR
    INVICTA PRO DIVER 8926
    INVICTA CORDUBA LIMITED EDITION
    CROTON PRO DIVER
    ROLEX MILGUASS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information