Looking for input on the Ball Marvelight

Thread: Looking for input on the Ball Marvelight

Looking for input on the Ball Marvelight

Hi all
    I am looking for info on this watch. I am looking for a more affordable alternative to the Rolex DJ41.
    The Engineer II in white has a similar look.
    Does anyone have thoughts or reviews on the Marvelight? Average cost? Pros or Cons?
    I have not seen the watch, so I would be buying sight unseen.

If anyone has wrist shots of the white I would love to see them!
    Thanks
    Sorry 2x post in forum

Re: Looking for input on the Ball Marvelight

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f239/s...306307-99.html

There's a few wrist shots in the "Show us your BALL WATCH" sub-thread. I know a few of the members have the watch and it is a really fine looking piece. You won't regret it.

I have tried on the Marvelight a few times and I always thought it was a great quality piece and looked great on the wrist. Side by side with a datejust II, I even prefer the Marvelight in terms of the fit and overall feel of it. I haven't seen the white dial one in person but in pics it looks really sharp and legible. Definitely on my radar.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the responses. I have only found one place that sells the white dial, not sure it is in the current lineup.
    Does the lume on the batons look white or more greenish white? I'm really starting to like the look of this watch.
    Is the movement pretty robust? I plan on using it for a "Just about everyday" Watch.
    Is ~1300 a good price for this watch new?
    I have a black Seamaster 300 Pro and a SARB033 on leather, So I am looking for a quality White dial to add.

Quote Originally Posted by EvansPa View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I have only found one place that sells the white dial, not sure it is in the current lineup.
    Does the lume on the batons look white or more greenish white? I'm really starting to like the look of this watch.
    Is the movement pretty robust? I plan on using it for a "Just about everyday" Watch.
    Is ~1300 a good price for this watch new?
    I have a black Seamaster 300 Pro and a SARB033 on leather, So I am looking for a quality White dial to add.
    I'm pretty sure the lume on the batons is very white. The movement I believe is an ETA 2824 which is very robust, plus I think the white dial version has extra anti magnetic properties as a bonus. All in all, I think this Marvelight will be an excellent addition to your collection and you will enjoy it. And $1300 is a very good price.

I seem to be having a hard time making a decision on this. After doing a little more research, it seems the watch is quite thick @ 13 mm. Another pic I found shows the indices to be slightly different colors in daylight, not sure it is that pronounced, but could detract from the overall quality look of the piece.
    Does anone know if the thickness of 13.15 mm includes the cyclopes? Name:  BallEngineerMarvelightWhite1.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  74.8 KB

Thread Information