Looking for a white faced Inspector...

Thread: Looking for a white faced Inspector...

Looking for a white faced Inspector...

I'm trying to track down a white faced Ball Inspector II (please no jokes!) and it looks like my local AD will not be able to help. If anyone can point me it the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!

Re: Looking for a white faced Inspector...

Mark,

Call Ball Watch USA with your request. They will be able to tell you if they have one in inventory, and if not, could tell you if there is any available from Switzerland. If not, then used is your only option.

Yes, give Ball USA a call--I was looking for a particluar model that was supposedly "sold out world-wide" and within an hour they found what was probably the last NIB one available in the US. So, they seem to know who might have what or at least lead you in the right direction. You might also call Rob at Toppers--he also has connections and can often locate hard to find models. Good luck!!
    Chris

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." -Oscar Wilde
    ==========================
    Collector of Ball, Stowa and Glycine timepieces

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, I got a reply from my local Ball AD, and they can get the white faced Inspector, but they said due to restrictions on tritium, it would have the face of a Hydrocarbon classic instead. Also, the price is $2475cad + 14%tax! Are they kidding?

The retail price on these in the USA is $1595 (give or take). I guess it is no surprise that I am shopping online in US dollars. Just ridiculous.

I'll be contacting some AD's in the US tomorrow, or if anyone has a white faced inspector they wish to part with, please let me know.

Mark

Good luck Mark. I have never seen a used white face for sale. I would bet you will have to go new. They are quite rare regardless of face color.

I know people like to use the phrase "They look even better in person" but with this model, I think it is really true. I think it is a great blend of classic style with a contemporary sporty flair.

I am sure when you finally get one, you will love it.

Cheers,
    David

DOXA-AFICIONADO
    Doxa 600 T-Graph Pro & Searambler Doxa 300T Seahunter
    PRS2- Dreadnought, LeJour(Heuer) Pasadena,
    Rolex Submariner, Daytona, SS GMT & YG GMT
    Hamilton Khaki Action Chrono
    Omega Seamaster's 2254.50, 2589.30 & 2538.20
    Zenith Defy Classic Chrono
    Eterna Super Kontiki LE Chrono And a few other's!

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. "
    Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865

Some very nice pics of the Inspector Doxa! My local AD had no idea what I was talking about when I asked if they had one in stock.

Thread Information