Museum tour - Scottsdale AD - comments

Thread: Museum tour - Scottsdale AD - comments

Museum tour - Scottsdale AD - comments

Gang - if you get a chance and the Ball Museum Tour is in your neck of the woods, go - you'll enjoy yourself.

I drove up to Scottsdale this morning and spent a fair amount of time listening to Marc Ofte talk about Ball's history. Marc is quite knowledgeable and has done a good job absorbing the history and relating it to the Company's current operating philosophy.

When I reviewed my GMT here, I dug into the question of ownership a little and came to the conclusion that it didn't really matter. What matters to me is that the current ownership team is 100% dedicated to producing the best watch possible and standing behind those watches.

Today's visit confirmed that when Marc mentioned that only one crystal has been replaced and that this particular one belonged to a soldier whose wrist was hit by an IED. The watch took the blunt of the blow apparently.

Now, I'll have to admit that I *knew* how this story would end instinctively.....

Sure enough, the soldier sent the watch in for repairs and Ball simply replaced it with a "thank you for your service" note. I don't care what your politics are relative to the war - that was the best action possible by Ball.

Marc and I spent a little time talking about Ball's watches - I was careful not to interfere with potential customers - I really did enjoy talking to Marc about some suggestions relative to watches as well as suggestions regarding promotional programs I'd love to see.

All things considered, it was a grand way to learn more about Ball watches - you'll regret not making an effort to go if you have the opportunity!
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Baume & Mercier Worldtimer, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, IWC Aquatimer Chrono Blue & Orange,Omega SMP, Rolex Gmt-Master II BNLR, Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf Special, Zenith El Primero Stratos Flyback Striking 10th

Re: Museum tour - Scottsdale AD - comments

Good to hear it was worth the drive--I know that a couple of we forum members (myself and sukispop) will be in San Francisco in 2 weeks for the tour when it is there. Looking forward to it.
    Chris

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." -Oscar Wilde
    ==========================
    Collector of Ball, Stowa and Glycine timepieces

Thanks for sharing my friend, I will try and make one of these events!
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Starting this morning, we are lucky enough to have a two day show here with our AD. Pictures for coming!

Thanks in advance!
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

Hi Gerry,

Thanks very much for sharing your comments on your Ball Museum Tour experience! I'm glad that you had a great time!

I'm looking forward to making the Tour in San Francisco on the 13th, and hope that others in the Northern California area will join Chris(CalDiver) and me there!
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Quote Originally Posted by sukispop View Post
    Hi Gerry,

Thanks very much for sharing your comments on your Ball Museum Tour experience! I'm glad that you had a great time!

I'm looking forward to making the Tour in San Francisco on the 13th, and hope that others in the Northern California area will join Chris(CalDiver) and me there!
    You guys should plan a lunch or something.... I wish I had done that for this event to get folks from this site together. I know of several who weren't aware of the event.

Have fun!
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Baume & Mercier Worldtimer, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, IWC Aquatimer Chrono Blue & Orange,Omega SMP, Rolex Gmt-Master II BNLR, Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf Special, Zenith El Primero Stratos Flyback Striking 10th

Thread Information