MY FIRST! Proud owner of Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro. It was meant to be - it had to be ;-)

Thread: MY FIRST! Proud owner of Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro. It was meant to be - it had to be ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MY FIRST! Proud owner of Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro. It was meant to be - it had to be ;-)

As some of you know...I was behind the organizing of GTG in Tampa this past Saturday that was attended by some folks even from this forum.
    As it happened twice before, Jeff Hess and Ball Watch USA guys were there supporting us :thanks They were kind to buy everyone couple of drinks and brought some VERY nice door prizes including nice BALL accessories and the main door prize - Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro.
    We had a very nice attendance of almost 60 people and everyone had a great time.

My parents were planning on going to do some shopping with my sister, but when she got called to work they called me and asked if it was OK that they came to see me at the GTG. Although they are pretty oblivious to my watch collecting hobby, they heard that the last two GTGs I organized were fun and since this one was in Tampa - they wanted to come and show some support for their son and see what it was all about Of course I was flattered and happy that they showed up. As everyone who showed up at the door - they also received 4 raffle tickets.

Everything went as planned...we had a great time and at the end it was time to draw the door prizes....I was pulling the lucky numbers from the hat and made many guys happy as they were winning some nice goodies that the sponsors of the GTG donated.

Then in came to draw the main prize - beautiful Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro. I called Jeff Hess to the front and asked him to introduce this fine watch to the crowd and draw the lucky number.
    Well he did ......after he announced the number - MY MOTHER was making her way with her small steps from the back of the room to the front with red face a big smile on her face.

I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES !!!

( I was SO GLAD I asked Jeff Hess to draw the number instead of me... LOL ! )

...AND this is not the end of the story......despite all the attempts of being fair, it was still a little strange that the main organizer's mom won the main prize The great and generous guys from BALL Watch USA decided to donate ANOTHER free watch - The Fireman

You are NOT going to believe what happened afterwards and who won that watch !!!
    (I am working tonight on a full report that I will be posting URL link for later)

As you can see - I am a proud owner of Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro.....!!!

Here are my first 2 questions:

1) what is the difference between Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro and Engineer Master II Telemeter pictured below.

The obvious differences to me are a) only one button chrono on Pulsemeter, which I think is super cool and...
    b) hours counter below 12 on EM II Telemeter and 2 chrono pushers.

2) What does it mean "Graduated for 15 pulsations" and how exactly is this chronometer used in real life? I assume since it is 60 seconds chronograph, it is meant for doctors taking Pulse - and hence the name ?

Thank you Jeff Hess and BALL Watch USA guys, not only for aligning the stars and having Jeff drawing my mom's number but also for your continuing support of our GTGs.

In addition to Ball AD sponsored meetings - our next big GTG will be in NYC on May 17th 2008. Hope we will see many of you there !!

Milos

There was a thread not to long ago where someone showed a beautiful and LARGE picture (I think it was official BALL photo) of the Pulsemeter Pro. I looked and looked but could not find it. If someone has the URL, please e-mail or PM it to me. Thank you in advance !!

Re: MY FIRST! Proud owner of Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro. It was meant to be - it had to be

Congrats on the pulsemeter pro. Ive been interested in that model ever since i saw in the Ball catalogue. I think it would be helpful in my line of work although i dont know how that works I think you count a total of 15 beats and see where the red second hand is pointed. That would be an approximation of the patients pulse rate. Instead of the usual one whole minute counting the pulse rate.

Re: MY FIRST! Proud owner of Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro. It was meant to be - it had to be

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFan1 View Post
    Here are my first 2 questions:

1) what is the difference between Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro and Engineer Master II Telemeter pictured below.

The obvious differences to me are a) only one button chrono on Pulsemeter, which I think is super cool and...
    b) hours counter below 12 on EM II Telemeter and 2 chrono pushers.
    The counter at 12 on the Telemeter is the 30 minute counter and it is illuminated from below for night reading. Also, the Telemeter is slightly taller at 16.2mm and is only 41mm in width.

2) What does it mean "Graduated for 15 pulsations" and how exactly is this chronometer used in real life? I assume since it is 60 seconds chronograph, it is meant for doctors taking Pulse - and hence the name ?
    Typically a doctor measuring pulse would have to count the pulse beats for 15 seconds, then multiply by 4 to find the beats per minute. You can see how this might be undesirable in a busy, hectic situation.

With the Pulsemeter Pro, the doctor only has to count 15 pulse beats. When he stops the chronograph, the exact pulse rate is shown on the dial. And if he forgets to write it down, it will still be there until he resets the watch.

Dr. Hillman, our Ball Explorer in the Himalayas, reports that he took a little while to become accustomed to this new system, but now finds it far faster & more convenient.

Regards,
    Jeremy Hogan
    Ball Watch Company

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    I think you count a total of 15 beats and see where the red second hand is pointed. That would be an approximation of the patients pulse rate.
    Thank you...
    I think you are right and it makes sense now looking at the scale on the
    outside of the dial. It also make sense to have one button chrono in this
    case as one hand is on patient's artery feeling pulse and the other is on the single pusher.

WAYY cool. Milos! Congratulations on your acquisition. Am quite anxious to hear who got the trainmaster - don't tell me they pulled out your name and then you gave it away for another draw from the bowl?! Haha!

BTW, Mr. Hess and Jeremy, any chance of seeing Ball watch sponsoring similar communities in Singapore?

Congratulations, Milos, on winning the Pulsemeter Pro!

It looks like everyone had a great time at the GTG. I'd love to see one held over here in Northern California.

Kudos to you, Milos, for organizing another great GTG in the Tampa area! Wear your new Pulsemeter Pro in good health!
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Wow Milos, that is one incredibly cool story!! LOL... Guess it really was meant to be!! Congrats!!
    Regards,
    - TY -

Quote Originally Posted by imtrbo View Post
    Wow Milos, that is one incredibly cool story!! LOL... Guess it really was meant to be!! Congrats!!
    Thank you!!
    Just wait...........the story gets a bit more crazy

When everything was set and done we actually had THREE lucky owners of
    new BALL watches. If you want to read the full story, click on the
    link below. What happened there was 'very strange'....in a good way

___FULL report with 40+ pictures____

LOL...very nice story. Congratulations with your new watch.

When are we going to see some merchandise, like Ball T-shirts and baseball caps?

BR,
    Zenith ChronoMaster T El Primero, Silver dial (2001)
    Zenith De Luca El Primero, Black dial (1991)
    Zenith Rainbow El Primero, Black dial (1993)
    Zenith Rainbow El Primero, Black dial (2000)
    Zenith Rainbow El Primero, Yellow dial (2005)
    Zenith Rainbow El Primero G/S, Blue dial (1995)
    Zenith Rainbow FlyBack El Primero, Multicolour dial (2001)
    Zenith Rainbow FlyBack El Primero, Black dial (2001)
    Zenith Rainbow FlyBack El Primero, Black dial (2002)
    Ball EH Alligator, Black dial (2007)
    Ball EH Chronograph Titanium, Black dial
    Ball EH Titanium (Mad Cow), Black dial (2007)
    Ball EH TMT, Black dial (2007)
    Ball EH Classic I, Black dial (2006)
    Omega Constellation GMT, Black dial (1993)
    Rolex Submariner 16610, Black dial (1998)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information