My perfect Ball Watch
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: My perfect Ball Watch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My perfect Ball Watch

Until Ball makes a watch with moon phase plus GMT or world time, these two will stay in my collection. While I like the new Balls but I'm really fond of older Balls, the older ones just seems more authentic and less-bling. The EM2 GMT was the 2nd Ball I added to my collection, haven seen much wrist time lately due to my summer attire being much too casual to go with it. However that didn't stop my search for its maternal brother to add to the collection. Luckily I found a pre-loved example recently. Please enjoy the photos of my EM2 brothers.

Name:  EM2_Moonphase_GMT_3.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  207.4 KB
    Name:  EM2_Moonphase_GMT_2.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  198.9 KB
    Name:  EM2_Moonphase_GMT_1.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  238.4 KB
    sukispop likes this.
    Follow me on Instagram: ten13th
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

Re: My perfect Ball Watch

Nice watches man, I wouldn't hesitate to wear either of these watches very casual. But there again I'm not exactly a style maven.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmalone View Post
    Nice watches man, I wouldn't hesitate to wear either of these watches very casual. But there again I'm not exactly a style maven.
    :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rmalone View Post
    I would have to second that motion, with the one caveat being that both of those have polished cases (or bezels at least), and thus, get bruised really easily, so perhaps I wouldn't wear them while demolishing a house, or repaving a road, but most other casual situations, they are good to go.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Given your current collection I would suggest a Moonglow. Given you have all of the other unique EMII this would complete the set:

sukispop likes this.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Ball needs to do more models with backlit numbers like the Moonglow and the diver Worldtime bezel.
    kirbystrunk and samanator like this.

An updated moonglow with the date at the 4:00 position, and applied indices and a 40 and 43mm case sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    Given your current collection I would suggest a Moonglow. Given you have all of the other unique EMII this would complete the set:

Thanks for pointing that out Samanator, now I feel my collection is incomplete. :)

Joking aside, it was the first weekend with the Moonphase. Even the stars on the moon phase disk is backlit, wow! Very typical Ball watch, over time you start to discover little details that makes you fall even deeper.

Actually I was aware the Moonglow, and looked for it soon after I got the GMT. But I had to draw the line somewhere otherwise I would not have enough days in a month to cycle through the collection. At this moment the only remaining classic Ball I'm searching for is a Trainmaster Voyager GMT Power Reserve...very few were sold.

EMII Moonglow: most unique lume of all time. I truly loved my blue dial, and the backlit date wheel was awesome. Sold it due to "wandering eye syndrome" which turned me to the Aviator GMT, mostly for it's larger size. If my collection would warrant it, I would buy another Moonglow or original Moonphase (with backlit stars and moons), no questions asked.
    samanator likes this.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ten13th View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out Samanator, now I feel my collection is incomplete. :)

Joking aside, it was the first weekend with the Moonphase. Even the stars on the moon phase disk is backlit, wow! Very typical Ball watch, over time you start to discover little details that makes you fall even deeper.

Actually I was aware the Moonglow, and looked for it soon after I got the GMT. But I had to draw the line somewhere otherwise I would not have enough days in a month to cycle through the collection. At this moment the only remaining classic Ball I'm searching for is a Trainmaster Voyager GMT Power Reserve...very few were sold.

I'm always happy to help spend someone else's money.

There were actually two TM voyager models, and I'm assuming you mean the first?

First:

These are kind of busy for my taste, but I'm a sucker for the fingerprint texture dials.

Second:

I always thought these were a really good GMT setup for readability. They just seemed out of place in a Trainmaster case and would have worked better in an EMII case. TM should be more traditional or elegant.

The Moonglow had usable features that were maybe before their time and was more a visual piece (It looks even better in the steel). It would have been cool if they built a Moonglow GMT that had the date lumed at the 3 and the GMT second time zone illuminated at the 9.

I'll have to do a Voyager post in the lost Ball models from the past thread sometime soon.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information