The names are changed to protect the guilty
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The names are changed to protect the guilty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

The names are changed to protect the guilty

So last week I attended Basel World launch event held a south Florida Mall for Omega. I was with my wife and two friends and after the event we wondered the Mall to browse some of the other watch stores. We found our way into a multi-brand store that happened to have Ball. I noticed that one of the attendees of the Omega event, who I believe is a WUS member (from Orlando if I remember correctly), was looking at a few Ball pieces. I overheard them and they were talking about what movements Ball used. The salesman from the store said both ETA and Sellita and was giving specific models with the Sellita. When I heard this I said hi, and introduced myself as the WUS BALL Moderator. I suggested that the information was incorrect. I told them in a recent interview Ball's CTO Phillipe Antille confirmed that they might at some point down the road use Sellita movements, but that none have been used in a Ball watch to date. When they do Ball confirmed they would announce it before it happened. As I walked away I overheard the sales guy telling the WUS member that I did not know what I was talking about. If that member comes here I offer this as the word according to Ball:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f239/ba...e-1012184.html

I say thanks to Ernie and Toppers who allow us to have this forum so we can get the right information. Special call out to Rob for having a great relationship with Phillipe so that we get first hand information.
    Fatz028, gtuck, dinexus and 1 others like this.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Re: The names are changed to protect the guilty

Great information Michael--thank you for sharing it with us. I totally missed it in reading Rob's post last April. And here I thought I passed third grade....

I've been wearing my TM Worldtime and Power Reserve again this month and enjoying them all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    As I walked away I overheard the sales guy telling the WUS member that I did not know what I was talking about.
    I would have gone over and found a seat, whipped out my Droid phone, found the info and gone back and confronted the sales-jerk. I wish I had your sense of restraint...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lovebandit View Post
    I would have gone over and found a seat, whipped out my Droid phone, found the info and gone back and confronted the sales-jerk. I wish I had your sense of restraint...
    Yes that would then probably yield a "don't believe everything you read on the internet" response, so nothing would be gained. One of the things that comes with age is the ability to know when to walk away when you see there is nothing to be gained after you've offered your input. This thread is mostly in the hope if he is a member here, and he might stop by and get the correct information.
    Michael

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

We have a small distributor here in Orlando that is top notch. One of the employes actually worked for Ball at their service center previously.
    If he liked what he saw down there he will have a nice place to go and some extremely knowledgable people to talk to up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the things that comes with age is the ability to know when to walk away when you see there is nothing to be gained after you've offered your input.
    I just turned 50 so when can I expect this to happen, exactly??
    vinylgreek and domoon like this.

The sales guy is clearly not on WUS, so I'd say it's ok to spill those beans!

Quote Originally Posted by lovebandit View Post
    I just turned 50 so when can I expect this to happen, exactly??
    Maybe in two years if I'm the yard stick.
    lovebandit likes this.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Moffett View Post
    We have a small distributor here in Orlando that is top notch. One of the employes actually worked for Ball at their service center previously.
    If he liked what he saw down there he will have a nice place to go and some extremely knowledgable people to talk to up here.

Are you talking about the AD in Winter Park? If so nice people when I was there a few years ago.
    Michael

Are you talking about the AD in Winter Park? If so nice people when I was there a few years ago.
    That's the one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information