New to the forum looking for help
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New to the forum looking for help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I am new bee on this forum and I have several questions need somebody give me a guide. How can I use this forum to learn and buy a watch. I am currently planning to buy my first timepieces. And I already have some standards in my mind. I want an automatic movement, round shape, sapphire glass, Swiss made, replaceable strap, 100 meters or above water resistance with a little bit collection valued watch. Also I don't like plated gold. My budget is within 10k. Please correct me if I post anything annoying you and thanks for your guys suggestions.

Re: New to the forum looking for help

I see your post is here in the Ball watch forum so some may recommend a Ball watch to start with. I would suggest looking at the Ball Watch website and looking over the many models they have. The high point of these watches is that they glow bright 24/7. They have automatic movements, sapphire glass and water resistance meeting your depth requirements I think. With 10k to spend you could shop around at the different brands if you wanted. I would suggest starting with just one good quality watch at first. Enjoy your hunt!

Thank you very much Bridgs. I will take your suggestions and take a look on Ball watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Moved thread since it does not belong in the reference area.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

For 10k you should be looking at the Rolex forums. ;)

1st, I think you should post in the general forum, this section is specific to Ball watch brand and you will get more replies on a variety of different watches if you post there.
    2nd, you should indicate what type of watch you are looking for that suits your lifestyle. There are a lot of different choices out there from sport watches to dress watches. Are you looking for a rugged watch, something to wear at work or both?
    The more info you provide will help to narrow down the recommendations people will give. Also, check out the image galleries and see if there is anything that catches your eye. Nothing beats a pic on someone's wrist to get a sense of dimension.

Anyway, good luck with your search, there are many great brands out there. We all happen to think Ball is one of them.
    • Zenith El Primero 1969
    • Stowa Flieger
    • Victorinox Officer's Limited Edition 1884
    • Ball Engineer II Marvelight
    • Ball Engineer Master II Moon-Phase
    • Ball Engineer Master II Moon-Glow

Dear arias,
    Thank you for your suggestions. I am currently looking Rolex. And like you said, I would like to wear my watch all day long except go to bed or shower. That is why I require 100 meters water resistance. I want my first timepieces travel along with me. Most of time, I go to work with causal formal dressing and after work I am totally causal style. Currently, I am looking on DateJust II, GMT and Submarine. I plan to take a visit at our local shop to try different styles. One question comes to my mind after I read your post. Will the above three styles look too formal, when I am in casual?

Many thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by lianghovey View Post
    Dear arias,
    Thank you for your suggestions. I am currently looking Rolex. And like you said, I would like to wear my watch all day long except go to bed or shower. That is why I require 100 meters water resistance. I want my first timepieces travel along with me. Most of time, I go to work with causal formal dressing and after work I am totally causal style. Currently, I am looking on DateJust II, GMT and Submarine. I plan to take a visit at our local shop to try different styles. One question comes to my mind after I read your post. Will the above three styles look too formal, when I am in casual?

Many thanks,
    I have worn the Rolex Submariner for almost 20 years now. It is tough, has been in water off and on the whole way through and goes with every style of clothing I can think of. I also own a new datejust 36mm silver dial with sticks and jubilee bracelet which I consider more formal and dressy. I think you can not go wrong with the sub but you must try them on first. The DJII is an awesome watch but has a larger case at 41mm. The GMT is impressive as well. The GMT and the sub are going to be close to that 10k range I believe.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Personally I think the current Polar White Explorer II (42mm) Rolex is the best every day watch made. You can also not go wrong with a Rolex Submariner or a Milgauss. The Ball EHC Black will also give you a more sporty alternative and allow you to have a fantastic Ball dress watch (both it and the Trainmaster 120 would fit in your budget). You could substitute pretty much any EHC on the sporty side with the 120. The Aviator dual time makes a very universal sporty everyday watch, but is limited to 100m Water Resistance. Personally I'm quite fond of the current 8xxx and 93xx based Omegas which many of these will fit in your requirements. An Aqua Tera will fit your needs or a Planet Ocean like my PO GMT Good Planet LE all fit as well as the Ti Liquid Metal PO. Also staying with brands our sponsor carries (except Rolex) there is the Bremont MBII and the Super Marine. There are a few Glashutte Original you may consider. I liked their Pilot watch and I find the GO 70s quite universal for work or play. There are several Zenith Chrono that will fit in your budget, or one of their very cool Pilot watches like the GMT. The Zenith chronographs would feature the famed El Primero high beat movement that is debatably the first automatic chronograph movement (there are also arguments for the Seiko 6319 and the joint Heuer/Breitling/Hamilton-Buren/Dubois-Depraz venture). Last I would add the Nomos Ahoi.

Rolex Exp. II

Rolex Sub Hulk

Rolex Milgauss GV (Green tinted Sapphire Crystal

Ball EHC Black

Ball EHC Magnate Chronograph Chronometer

Ball EHC DeepQuest

Ball EHC Spacemaster

Ball EHC Spacemaster X-Lume

Ball Aviator Dual Time (Works with various straps to change it's character or put it on the bracelet to dress it up)

Bremont Super Marine 500

Bremont MB II (yes the barrel is orange, and there are other colors, plus the MBIII is a GMT version)

Omega PO GMT (Good Planet)

Omega AT >15000 Gauss which is now the Omega Master series of 8xxx movements

There are also several Omega Speedmaster models that will fit like this Mark II Re-issue

Glashutte Original Senator Navigator(discontinued but you may be able to find one)

Glashutte Original Seventies blue (The dial of a millions shades)

The Zenith Type 20 GMT Pilot

Nomos:
    Topper Jewelers. Authorized Dealers of Omega, Ball, Bremont, Zenith, Glashütte Original, Tacori, Marco Bicego and many more
    Last edited by samanator; September 9th, 2014 at 19:34.
    arias51 and Kauf2947 like this.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

It is very hard to argue with Michael's analysis or excellent choice in watches!

That Rolex is a beauty! I'm assuming it's yours?
    • Zenith El Primero 1969
    • Stowa Flieger
    • Victorinox Officer's Limited Edition 1884
    • Ball Engineer II Marvelight
    • Ball Engineer Master II Moon-Phase
    • Ball Engineer Master II Moon-Glow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information