New Here...does anyone have an idea for their Ultimate Ball

Thread: New Here...does anyone have an idea for their Ultimate Ball

New Here...does anyone have an idea for their Ultimate Ball

Hey There:

Wondering what you would want in the Ultimate Ball. What features complication, size, material?

I need something to tide me over while I wait
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

Re: New Here...does anyone have an idea for their Ultimate Ball

Mine would be a scratchproof stainless steel body and bracelet with diver style clasp, black dial with red accents sounds really good. probably maximum 41-42mm. Hydrocarbon engineer style with the comfortable lugs. Not too heavy a bezel. wide tubes only and no numerical tubes on the dial. GMT feature would be a great plus on this watch too.

Something along the lines of the Night Train but with domed crystal and larger tubes on the hour and minute hands. None of the UMT/UTC window stuff, keep it simple.

As far as diver styles go, one with an outer bezel would be preferable to me. If it could be illuminated that would be really neat too. Rather than using tubes to form numerals I'd much rather see superluminova used for that function.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

1) a dive watch that would make me give up my Planet Ocean (a 42-43mm diver with a black bezel, fat stick markers, SS or Ti case, w/oyster-style bracelet would do the trick) and

2) a dress watch that would make me give up my Grand Seiko (white 39-40mm dress watch w/stick markers, SS case, w/oyster-style bracelet). I like my Trainmaster Louisville and Indiana, but it's not really a dress watch, IMHO. None of Ball's other white dial offerings quite fit the bill . . . yet.

Rob

How about a night train with a dive bezel and increase the WR to meters..Also make the lugs with a system like the HC with screw/pins.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

the ultimate ball watch?

for me it would be a titanium case/braclet with DLC. since I'm not exactly a fan of mechanical watches, so it gotta have a quartz movement, preferably solar powered and with atomic timekeeping (but thats not essential)

it should be designed as an analog-digital hybrid with all the great functions a g-shock has to offer along with the great legibility an analog tritium vial watch provides. no company yet has made a truly great ana-digi T-25 (or T-100) watch and this would be a true breaktrough and new innovation to the market.

regards, holger

Dress watch: Modern design casing versus vintage, antique look.

Dial in Rhodium versus enamel look. Tritium markers versus Numbers and Tritium dots.

Precious metal white gold or platinum. Alligator strap with deployment clasp.

40-42mm large face, no bezel. Thin case and exposition back.

Any one have interest in a column wheel chrono? This is missing from my collection as my two chrono's are 7750 powered and was wondering about an enhanced movement for a chrono, maybe even a classic manual wind LE?
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

44mm Engineer Chrono with 24mm lugs

Thread Information