New hydrocarbon owner. Strap inquiry
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nimbushopper

Thread: New hydrocarbon owner. Strap inquiry

New hydrocarbon owner. Strap inquiry

Hello all,

Ive always been a fan of ball watches and especially the design of the hydrocarbon. Its casing is just so unique but not overly ostentatious. Well yesterday i finally got a chance to acquire one.
    So far ive noticed the build quality is very high. The watch is as one would expect. Really heavy haha. But i havent been hitting the gym recently so the weightll be good. The new clasp is cool but a bit thick.. And the corners are quite sharp. The sharpness in addition to weight makes it uncomfortable at times. All in all a great watch.
    Now on to the main question of the day. Eventhough its summer and ill probably be keeping this on the bracelet most of the time. Im still curious. Are there leather strap options available for the double spring bar design? Anyone have some leather for these and whered you get em?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New hydrocarbon owner. Strap inquiry

Check with Rob at Topper Jewelers (Ball forum sponsor) — he was able to source a rubber strap for my X-Lume, making it one of the most comfortable watches I've ever owned. The curved lugs and curved rubber strap interface feel amazing. The potential downside would be the contrasting black rubber against the white dial of your Spacemaster, but I still think it'd look pretty awesome — especially at the gym!

Quote Originally Posted by dinexus View Post
    Check with Rob at Topper Jewelers (Ball forum sponsor) — he was able to source a rubber strap for my X-Lume, making it one of the most comfortable watches I've ever owned. The curved lugs and curved rubber strap interface feel amazing. The potential downside would be the contrasting black rubber against the white dial of your Spacemaster, but I still think it'd look pretty awesome — especially at the gym!
    Thanks for the input. But honestly i hate rubber. I just dont like how it sticks to you and i sweat profusely. Im thinking more along the lines of a leather strap

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Norm S View Post
    Thanks for the input. But honestly i hate rubber. I just dont like how it sticks to you and i sweat profusely. Im thinking more along the lines of a leather strap

If you sweat profusely then stay away from leather! It will deteriorate rapidly from the salt in your sweat. A nato or zulu can be washed regularly and fits very comfortably. Here is mine, which I find much more comfortable than the bracelet.

dinexus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbushopper View Post
    If you sweat profusely then stay away from leather! It will deteriorate rapidly from the salt in your sweat. A nato or zulu can be washed regularly and fits very comfortably. Here is mine, which I find much more comfortable than the bracelet.

Well the leather will mostly be for winter. The hydrocarbon is going to be my beater/sports watch. So if im camping i dont really want to wake up and strap a freezing giant hunt of metal on my wrist. But pertaining to rubber I just find it makes me sweat even in winter. So yea i just wanna see if anyone has or knows of leather straps thatll work for the double bar configuration

Thread Information