New Marvelight?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jenyang
  • 1 Post By paintingtiger

Thread: New Marvelight?

New Marvelight?

Is there a new COSC certified Marvelight coming soon? Like the changes; broader hands, 80 hour power reserve, no cyclops, COSC certified.

Re: New Marvelight?

Name:  20812000-E18B-4840-8D1E-AC5033D6E8E1.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  62.8 KB

I had my eye on an older version but I actually like this one less, especially if it has the same ETA Powermatic 80 in it that powers Swatch brands like Tissot and others. I understand it achieves this with a lower beat rate at 21,600. I liked the cyclops myself and preferred the older Dauphine hands. I also don't like the irregular width of the five-minute markers, nor the longer minute indices that make for a busier dial. Oh well...
    KoenVw likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jenyang View Post
    I had my eye on an older version but I actually like this one less, especially if it has the same ETA Powermatic 80 in it that powers Swatch brands like Tissot and others. I understand it achieves this with a lower beat rate at 21,600. I liked the cyclops myself and preferred the older Dauphine hands. I also don't like the irregular width of the five-minute markers, nor the longer minute indices that make for a busier dial. Oh well...
    Actually, this new Marvelight has Ball's new in-house movement, which doesn't have the lower beat rate to achieve the 80 hours.
    I am very interested in this new Marvelight, although I want to see some better pictures.
    Seikoman11 likes this.

Interesting. I imagine they will be a on the expensive side..

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

The date looks puny and totally out of place. They should just get rid of it.... It spoils what otherwise is a really nice looking watch

I think it looks great. Although so did the older version. In this new Marvelight I like the new hands. Much better than the Dauphine hands. Don't know what to think about the missing cyclop. It is actually very useful. Would be nice to hear about this new movement, for example how accurate it is? I guess that the list price of this new Marveligth is much higher than the older one because of the in-house movement? For me the ETA-based movement would have been just fine.

Thread Information