NEW Pilot GMT & Pioneer is on the Ball Web Site
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NEW Pilot GMT & Pioneer is on the Ball Web Site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

So last evening I saw the EMII Pilot GMT was on the Ball web site. This seems to be an indicator that they will be at the AD shortly. This is one I would like to see on one of the newer canvas straps Ball has just started to use. Interesting that they put conventional lume on the GMT hand. It kind of has a larger Omega Seamaster 300 style look to it so that can't be bad. I really like the looks of this one. Note it is also available with a EMII SS Bracelet, and only one dial color(black).

Welcome to BALL Watch . - Engineer Master II - Pilot GMT - GM3090C-LLAJ-BK

The Pioneer is kind of a updated Arabic COSC with SS surrounds for the lume lume. Cyclops has been changed from the circle to the on with flat sides on the top and bottom. Available in Black and Silver/white dials on strap or bracelet.

Welcome to BALL Watch . - Engineer II - Pioneer - NM2026C-L4CAJ-BK
    Last edited by samanator; September 25th, 2014 at 16:09.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Re: NEW Pilot GMT & Pioneer is on the Ball Web Site

Is it just me or do the 6 and 9 numerals look a bit strange?

Balldy

Quote Originally Posted by Balldy View Post

Balldy
    I think you're right. The 12 suffers from the same problem but it's not noticeable. The font of the numbers is not symmetrical top to bottom, making the middle horizontal tube closer to the outer edges. The shiny surrounds make them almost blur together. They do have more character than the previous number style but hopefully it looks better in real life than in pictures.

Edit: looking at the photos on my phone I didn't realize how odd the 6 and 9 looked on the other model as well. They certainly do look incomplete. IMO Ball has struggled a bit with making full numbers out of tubes. Due to the limitations of the support needed try often appear cut off or disconnected. I would like to see them work out a better mounting system so they can make more complete and less choppy numbers. Maybe use the tubes as a backlight for a translucent lens on top?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fuzzyb; October 1st, 2014 at 17:41.
    -Brian

Watch Nerd

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the 6 and 9 personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Balldy View Post

Balldy
    They didn't quite finish them for some reason, The final tube of the loop is a bit short compared to past Ball watches.
    Michael

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Unhappy Re: NEW Pilot GMT & Pioneer is on the Ball Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    So last evening I saw the EMII Pilot GMT was on the Ball web site. This seems to be an indicator that they will be at the AD shortly. This is one I would like to see on one of the newer canvas straps Ball has just started to use. Interesting that they put conventional lume on the GMT hand. It kind of has a larger Omega Seamaster 300 style look to it so that can't be bad. I really like the looks of this one. Note it is also available with a EMII SS Bracelet, and only one dial color(black).

Welcome to BALL Watch . - Engineer Master II - Pilot GMT - GM3090C-LLAJ-BK

Name:  photo-19.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  215.4 KB

For me the production unit has lost much of the appeal compare to the concept that was shown at Baselworld 2014. The 9 and 6 looks unfinished on the production unit, but its something I may get use to. But the lost of the tubes as odd hours indices is a crime that I would not be able to get pass it. The Rolex Explorer II like GMT hand is another miss on both concept and production.

Is it just me or do you also feel that Ball has lost some of its uniqueness, and look more and more like Rolex or Omega with tubes. I think I'll just continue collect previous generation of Ball.
    Follow me on Instagram: ten13th
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

Ho hum...neither break much new ground. Wish they had reserved the model name "Pioneer" for something truly befitting the name...

Quote Originally Posted by ten13th View Post

For me the production unit has lost much of the appeal compare to the concept that was shown at Baselworld 2014. The 9 and 6 looks unfinished on the production unit, but its something I may get use to. But the lost of the tubes as odd hours indices is a crime that I would not be able to get pass it. The Rolex Explorer II like GMT hand is another miss on both concept and production.

Is it just me or do you also feel that Ball has lost some of its uniqueness, and look more and more like Rolex or Omega with tubes. I think I'll just continue collect previous generation of Ball.

Good memory. I forgot they had the other tubes on the prototype. Interesting they put the day night ring on the Duck watch without a 24 hour hand and took it off of this were it would work perfectly.
    Last edited by samanator; September 28th, 2014 at 03:55.
    Michael

I am not going to say much (seems like I remember my Mom telling me if you can't say something nice then......)

Look, this is a cool piece and I am not opposed to Luminova - i just want Ball to stay true to its roots, and not go after other brand's styling too much.

If I want a Rolex - I will go buy one. I buy Ball watches because they are unique in many ways.

So, as I have seen posted lately, PLEASE bring back some of those beautiful BACKLIT features in some "new" models!

My .02

Bill

PS: Still love ya Ball
    jjlwis1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ten13th View Post

well said. I have sold 3 of my ball watches after seeing the direction that they are heading to. I hate it when someone looks at ball and feel that its a cheaper alternative to xxx brands. It really does the brand injustice (in the past)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information