I saw this on Balls site today:

https://shop.ballwatch.ch/sh

42mm with sapphire bezel. SS and PVD

Cool???

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 10.42.42 AM.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  60.8 KB

Re: New Skindiver 2019 Pre -Order

Idk, my first impressions are: The bezel with tubes is cool, and I like the idea of the manufacture movement and also the domed crystal. The pricing is fair as well. However I really like the bracelet and hands on this previous model (shown below) much better. The bracelet and hands in this newest pre-order "Heritage" gen. are already overused on other Ball models.

Name:  DSC_0179-2-e1445966367648.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  71.6 KB

I was really excited until I saw the size - 42mm. There's nothing really unique except the lumed bezel. I'm really disappointed in Ball that they're not producing some true 39mm to 40mm offerings, not just 40mm cases with 42mm bezels. Just look at Tudor and the new 58 - they're killing it with that one.
    KiwiWomble, OSUMBA2003 and DSE like this.
    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi.

Current watches:
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It looks very generic and ordinary--and its "pre-order" price seems more like it should be the original retail, with a much lower price for the pre-order--to me, I don't see how they could sell even one--like they're doing batting practice, but not actually using real balls, just swinging at thin air.

Funny that the price listed by @Calibro9 differs from what I can see from my desktop here in Australia. I have a EHC with the RR1102 and that would be the one I will go for if I order the watch and dump the bracelet for a rubber strap or NATO. The RR1102 is based on ETA and is very accurate so I have no qualms about owning a watch with it. Moreover, the 15.2mm height of the new calibre movement is just too much for me.

Name:  Ball_ENGRii.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  68.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    Funny that the price listed by @Calibro9 differs from what I can see from my desktop here in Australia. I have a EHC with the RR1102 and that would be the one I will go for if I order the watch and dump the bracelet for a rubber strap or NATO. The RR1102 is based on ETA and is very accurate so I have no qualms about owning a watch with it. Moreover, the 15.2mm height of the new calibre movement is just too much for me.

Name:  Ball_ENGRii.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  68.7 KB
    If you look at the design of the watch, with the tall dome crystal, a good bit of the thickness is coming from that. So in reality, it may not seem that thick. Numbers can be misleading sometimes. If it had a flat crystal like the previous generation it would likely be a couple millimeters thinner on paper.

Whilst I might agree with you but I had second thoughts after looking at the side profile on the website and decided that this watch is not for me. I have a Tudor Black Bay and I really dislike the slab like thickness of the watch so I know I will not like this. Besides, it overlaps with my current collection of diver style watches. Problems these days with the pre-orders is that we buy these watches with photos and no chance to try it in store. It is a shame as I actually like Ball Watches but no choice - got to pass on this one as I can't buy what I already don't like. Nothing to stop others from buying it though as it actually looks good.

Name:  Ballwatch_Engrii_side.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  44.3 KB
    Last edited by Dogbert_is_fat; December 9th, 2018 at 09:07. Reason: deleted extra picture which appeared twice.

Gen 1 is still the best skin diver.
    Heljestrand, larkja, hchj and 1 others like this.

ill probably buy one when its used ;)

To me, this is the best Skindiver model yet. I owned the generation 1, and I loved it, but there were too many flaws to the design in the end. The separated day and date that chopped of the dial too much, the overly busy bezel. Plus I never really liked having super luminova on bezel and tritium on the dial. The mix of the two just seemed a little unconhesive.

With the generation 2 they cleaned everything up, but still had super luminova on the bezel, and to me the case everything looked a little flat with the crystal and the bezel. Plus it was too big.

With this new one, they've improved on almost everything. I'm loving the more pleasing curves with the crystal and the bezel, (plus it's tritium under sapphire!). The dial is super clean with the date at 3 and I love the gently curved sloped chapter ring. Overall it looks like the right mix of retro and modern. My one issue is that it's still too big. I'm trying to talk myself out of that though because I really do love the design.
    watch-newbie likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information