Newbie on the Ball forum.

Thread: Newbie on the Ball forum.

Newbie on the Ball forum.

Hi To All,

Ball Newbie from the great white north ( Canada eh!) Just wanted to send out a friendly hello and thank everyone for their knowledge and participation on this forum. Everyone is very helpful and extremely friendly

It has made my decision much easier, so without the knowledge of my fiance I first went out and purchased a Ball Fireman 43MM (blue) with brown leather strap.

I have had nothing but oooo's and ahhhh's when wearing it, due to it's size and finish. I love this watch and have subsequently had three other friends and colleagues purchase one. Even more interesting for me is that people are not familiar with the brand at all, so I get a great deal of pleasure explaining the lineage and heritage of a Ball. I personally find a watch more interesting knowing where it came from and what it's purpose was for.

I find that Ball is very true to it's origins and has a pedigree of qualirt under adverse conditions.

So being the ever so spontanious shopper I could not help myself and order the Engineer Master II Diver TMT LTD . I am finding it increasingly more difficult keeping my watches hidden from my better half!!

I just couldnt help myself. It is one of the nicest watches I have ever seen and I love the uniqueness of the TMT feature as there are only a handful of watches with this function available.

Well enough of my ranting, glad to be here and I am looking forward to interacting with all of you here on the forum.

One thing I must ask in parting, can you please let me know your tricks for hiding watches from your wives and significant others? I am running out of fresh idea's.

p.s. i will post photo's in the very near future.

poukali

Re: Newbie on the Ball forum.

Hi poukali--welcome to the Ball forum (my new home base on WUS). After years of collecting watches, I too just recently "got on the Ball". I've pre-ordered a Night Train and I have a feeling there will be other Balls on my wrist too!(?) The blue Fireman is a great looking watch-(now you need to show us some wrist shots).
    Enjoy your new Ball and welcome to the WUS Ball forum "family".
    Chris

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." -Oscar Wilde
    ==========================
    Collector of Ball, Stowa and Glycine timepieces

While it is never a good idea to hide watches (Hi Mrs. Obie) the trick is to say, "this one? I've had it for some time, it just came back from the watchmaker." That is always a good one, or "remember honey, I pre-ordered this back in January, it just shipped the other day!).

Now that you are a registered Ball owner, don't forget that you can request a certain serial number for the LE TMT!

http://www.ballwatch.com/newsletter/...er_tmt_LE.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi poukali,

Welcome to WUS and the Ball Forum!

Wow, first a Fireman 43mm(blue), and now an EMII Diver TMT LTD! What an awesome way to get your Ball collection off to a great start!

I hope that you'll visit, often, and hang out with us. I look forward to seeing your pics, and your first impression of your TMT LTD.

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    While it is never a good idea to hide watches (Hi Mrs. Obie) the trick is to say, "this one? I've had it for some time, it just came back from the watchmaker." That is always a good one, or "remember honey, I pre-ordered this back in January, it just shipped the other day!).
    Warren! I didn't think you had it in you! Great lines, btw!

I agree--It's never a good idea to hide watches from your significant other...especially when you're as bad a liar as I am. I would never be able to pull off those clever lines that Warren suggested. Instead, I sweat over it a few days, trying to figure out how to "present it"(mulling it over in my head)...then I'll usually just blurt it out while in the middle of a bike ride with my wife. She somehow seems more receptive to such things, when we're out riding, getting some fresh air and sun, catching up with each other, and having a good time.
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    Welcome to the club & forum poukali!!
    Thank you for the very warm welcome, you really know how to make a fellow feel at home.

Funny story tonight, I was out with my fiance running few errands right after work. Unfortunately I still had my new Fireman on and kind of forgot I had it on:oops:. we subsequently went out for a quick bite to eat and as I was lifting my pint of beer her spidy senses started tingling. I then got the "what is that on your wrist" and "be nice to consult your wife to be on a purchase like that".

All i said to her was "oops I did it again"!! I wonder how am gonna explain the diver TMT to her? Perhaps I can live by the words of a good friend once told me: "it's not lying until you get caught"!!

I'm so bad, I need help Nah, it's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

pouk

As a very wise friend once told me... It is better for your wife to be mad at you once rather than twice.... He found this out after asking his wife for permission to buy a watch and she said it wasn't a good idea, and then going out and buying said watch! He said it was much better just to come home with the watch without asking, as she would only be mad once...

Makes sense to me!!!

Happy wife = happy life.

Learn it - live it - love it.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Baume & Mercier Worldtimer, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, IWC Aquatimer Chrono Blue & Orange,Omega SMP, Rolex Gmt-Master II BNLR, Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf Special, Zenith El Primero Stratos Flyback Striking 10th

Welcome fellow Ball junkie

Fortunately my wife left me just as my watch interest started. First came the Harley, then comes the watches.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Poukali! Good to see another Canuck. Looks like you got things off with a bang.
    Would love to see a pic the Blue Fireman with brown strap.

Thread Information