Having recently purchased an Engineer II Marvelight on Bracelet with Silver Dial and being 'blown away' with the quality, I am thinking of investing in another Ball Watch.
I am open minded at present, but would like something a little different to the Marvelight if possible but still fairly classic in design.
My preferences would be as follows.
- 40mm or less case. 41mm at a stretch
- I haven't got a COSC Certified watch in my collection at present, so it may be nice to add one
- I haven't got a watch with a deployment style strap at present. But equally I am impressed with the quality of the bracelet, so would be happy with either.
- A different dial colour to my Marvelight (Silver). Blue interests me.
- Do not want a diver watch as I already have a few.
- I am OK with day / date complications
- Happy to go on the 'sporty' side of classic, but nothing too unconventional!
I have had a bit of a browse and would appreciate your opinion on the following.
- Engineer III Endurance 1917 Blue Face - would this be too close to the design of the Marvelight?
- Engineer M Marvelight Blue Face - has COSC Certification but other than that are there any further differences to the Engineer II Marvelight?
- Engineer M Challenger Blue Face - really like the 'sporty' look of this one.
- Engineer II Red Label GMT COSC White or Grey Face - I have absolutely no use for a GMT but don't have one in my collection and I do like the texture to the dial
- Trainmaster Worldtime White or Black face - a bit left of field and again I have no need for a Worldtime watch, but an intrigued by this complication as it would certainly be a talking point!
I would love to hear from anybody who owns the above and am open to any other suggestions (other than to go cold turkey and get treatment for this terrible addiction!).