Night Train Question

Thread: Night Train Question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Night Train Question

I'm very new to Ball, so please excuse my ignorance if this has been asked a million times before, but I was wondering if the "First Generation" Night Trains are still around anywhere? All I've seen is the newer version with the green and red tritium, however the original version with blue, yellow, and green seems so much nicer.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Night Train Question

I wish they were still around but they are long gone...

I do have a Ball Conductor Chronograph Limited Edition Watch
    Model #cm1068d-lj-bk that has blue yellow and green Tritium gas tubes... it is the last one that I know is available..

You can see it here..

http://www.abouttime.com/abouttime/b...hes.invtc.html

That's a shame they don't make the Night Train in the original tritium colors; looks a lot better to me than the newer version. Heck, even the banner for the Ball forum has the original version for it's picture. Bummer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I located one a few months ago at a local AD that doesn't do the volume of Ball watches that I suspect Steve does. I forwarded the info to a forum member who was looking for the original lume, and he snatched it up. So, it is possible--though I would say quite unlikely--that there is a low-volume Ball dealer somewhere that is sitting on one, who just doesn't realize that he could easily sell it via the forum. I'd say your best bet is keep your eyes peeled for a used one or take a look at the many other Balls available new--like the Conductor Chronograph LE that Steve mentioned.

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by waterbrook View Post
    I located one a few months ago at a local AD that doesn't do the volume of Ball watches that I suspect Steve does. I forwarded the info to a forum member who was looking for the original lume, and he snatched it up. So, it is possible--though I would say quite unlikely--that there is a low-volume Ball dealer somewhere that is sitting on one, who just doesn't realize that he could easily sell it via the forum. I'd say your best bet is keep your eyes peeled for a used one or take a look at the many other Balls available new--like the Conductor Chronograph LE that Steve mentioned.

Mitch
    Thanks for the suggestions/info Mitch. By following your advice, I may have just gotten extremely lucky. I don't want to jinx anything, but I should know more by the weekend and will report back.

Bloom, I have found a new First Generation Night Train at a US AD. I have sent you a PM.

If anyone else is interested, send me a PM.

There's just one.

Rob

Tampa, Florida and Daytona Beach, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by roberev View Post
    Bloom, I have found a new First Generation Night Train at a US AD. I have sent you a PM.

If anyone else is interested, send me a PM.

There's just one.

Rob
    Sent you a PM.

Retired from Fire Rescue with 30 years on the job 1/5/2019

Not the best picture, but it gives an idea of what the lume looks like. For some reason, it came out dim even though the tubes look a lot brighter in person. I'll have to try and get some better shots.

does anyone know where I an get a new first gen one from still ?

Nice shot. I just needed to make a few contrast adjustments to bring out the colors. Here's your pic back:

Quote Originally Posted by Bloom View Post
    Not the best picture, but it gives an idea of what the lume looks like. For some reason, it came out dim even though the tubes look a lot brighter in person. I'll have to try and get some better shots.

kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information