No Ball for me

Thread: No Ball for me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No Ball for me

I decided I wanted an Aviator GMT. I emailed 3 AD's to see what a reasonable discount would be, had a figure in my head(generally the phone price + sales tax, I like shopping locally) and I went to my AD. NO DISCOUNTS, NADA, ZILCH, NOTHIN. So i'm back at my desk with no watch. The lady told me they want to stay a dealer. Does Ball have pricing restrictions on their AD's? Or do I just have a lousy AD?

Re: No Ball for me

If you where the guy that was at Ridglea Watch and Jewelry in Fort Worth Texas. You were very rude to the lady and you should take yourself and apologize to her. I have bought watches, pens and alot of things from them, they are great people and provide great service. I hope you don't ever do that again. I thought you would have more class.

Quote Originally Posted by doajlo04 View Post
    If you where the guy that was at Ridglea Watch and Jewelry in Fort Worth Texas. You were very rude to the lady and you should take yourself and apologize to her. I have bought watches, pens and alot of things from them, they are great people and provide great service. I hope you don't ever do that again. I thought you would have more class.
    This is weird. What makes you think that Sea Lion lives there and went to the one AD you deal with?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This guy was very rude to the lovely lady and what he posted was the same conversation that they had. It made me upset.

I purchased my Ball Fireman there and received excellent service and everyone was very friendly. What was the rude guy saying? Was he talking about watches or just being rude in general??

Banned

Well. lets see. It's nine shopping days to Christmas, inventories are tight. Your point is???

Yes, those of us that follow the rules, want to keep our AD status. Obvisouly, you found a dealer willing to put their AD status at risk.

Now someone named an AD as being rude! As Crusher said, the folks at Ridglea are normally very good to work with and friendly. Our moniter might wish to close this thread NOW!

Sea Lion was the person being rude after they gave him the price of the watch. Ridglea lady was the one being very nice. he got all pissy and after that stormed out of the store.

Just curious - what rules are you guys talking about? ADs are not allowed to give discounts period? I've read that specific references to discounts given is not allowed on these boards, but is it that the discounts are not allowed to be given at all? If not, why not? Again, I'm just curious. I would think that discounting would be a logical way to move old inventory, or even newer inventory during a bad economy. Obviously, that wouldn't be the case during a holiday season like now, but I would think that it all comes down to supply and demand.

Whatever the case, it would indeed be best to just be nice to one another!

Regards,
    -Jeff
    Trivia question of the month:
    The history of the Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show dates back to what year, when there was established the first Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (MUBA) with a special section devoted to watches and jewellery?
    ~Click on my profile and look under my biography for the answer.
    Quote of the month:
    "Give me the perfect oil and I'll make the perfect watch."
    ~ Abraham-Louis Breguet

LOL that is pretty funny stuff, glad i dont work retail this time of year i am sure all kinds of characters coming in

Sea Lion was the person being rude after they gave him the price of the watch. Ridglea lady was the one being very nice. he got all pissy and after that stormed out of the store.
    how did u know that sealion was that very guy u met?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information