No love for Night Trains?

Thread: No love for Night Trains?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No love for Night Trains?

It seems there aren't too many threads for Night Trains nor much for sale in the 2nd hand market.

Is there a particular reason why? The people with the Night Trains don't want to sell and thus there's nothing for sale?

Re: No love for Night Trains?

You must be new here.... Welcome! If you search... You will find that the NT 1,2,3 gens are all very popular here.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Specific model discussions seem to come in cycles. The newest generation (45mm) of the NT has been around for a few years, and some here have one in their collections. The earlier 43mm generations had a long stay and if you search there are posts that date back to when the Ball forum was first started here on WUS. It was the first production T watch (what other brands call T-100) in the world. In the early (43mm) ones there was also a version that some called the White Train(WT). This was a 43mm non DLC coated Night train with a white dial in place of the black. All of the other 43 mm NT features were present on the WT. This is the only NT that could be purchased with a matching bracelet. There are also many discussion here on the lume color arrangements of the 43's and other dial markings corrections that were made over time. Search is your friend. There are pictures of some in various folder in the Photo Album here.

My first Ball watch was a 43mm NT.
    This was a Gen 3 with the new 45mm being Gen 4. I personally like the 43 versions better since it had the extra features of the UMT window (24 hour time) and the date change warning indicator. Both generation have kept the uncoated crown as a linking item. The current model 45mm comes on a rubber strap only while the 43mm could be had on a black leather with orange stitching or a rubber strap (and a bracelet as noted on the WT). Some member back when these were newer created modified versions of both the NT and WT by swapping the watch and dial assemblies of the WT white dial into the Black DLC case and putting the Black assembly in the WT case. I haven't seen one of these in a while though.

So what do you wish to discuss?
    Last edited by samanator; August 23rd, 2014 at 00:45.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kaplunk View Post
    It seems there aren't too many threads for Night Trains nor much for sale in the 2nd hand market.

Is there a particular reason why? The people with the Night Trains don't want to sell and thus there's nothing for sale?

There are actually lots of used NTs in the marketplace (start with our forum sponsor Topper, then check the sales section here and finally, the bay--more than a handful currently available--more than many Ball models....

I'm the proud owner of the infamous highly collectible GEN 1 Night Train with the rare (at the time) blue tubes. It's still my go to watch at night and even with all the new models that Ball has brought to the marketplace in all these years, IMO it's also still the best tube layout with its green, yellow and blue tubes- just a real eye catcher!

Here is my unloved Night Train. It's the bastard child of my collection as it has an "error" dial. How can any self respecting company put out an watch like this, ever!!! The horror!!! I've to hide this from my own children so their young eyes don't scar for life.

Name:  fotor_(62).jpg
Views: 471
Size:  173.2 KB
    Name:  fotor_(52).jpg
Views: 470
Size:  96.4 KB
    Name:  fotor_(50).jpg
Views: 466
Size:  138.4 KB
    Follow me on Instagram: ten13th
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

I've had a new Night Train DLC 45mm, and a first gen error dial Night Train. Loved the sizes at 44mm and 45mm, loved the lume with their 60+ tubes, only problem for me was that the DLC wasn't as durable (or at least showed scratches easier than a stainless steel case). Would still love to get my hands on the infamous "White Train" with its white dial, and stainless steel non-DLC case. As for now, my Aviator GMT will do. Many of the first gen Night Trains are remaining in peoples collection, as they are quite rare compared to the 2/3rd generations with their non tri-color tubes. If you get one, you will most likely keep it forever.

If you are looking for one, try using watchrecon or lionseek to search all forums. They are out there, just gotta look a little harder.
    Last edited by Poodey; August 25th, 2014 at 21:25.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

For those who have not seen a White Train the third post in the thread in the photo album has one on the rubber strap. The photo set includes a lume shot.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f256/fi...in-342925.html
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

I seem to recall that some of the owners/posters referred to the White dialed Night Train as the Day Train, which I thought was pretty clever.

Someone (samanator, I think) once swapped the internals of the "White Train" and Night Train, so you ended up with a white dial in a DLC case and a black dial in a stainless steel case. Wow, did they turn out great! I really liked the black dial in the stainless steel case. Always wondered if that ever hit the 2nd hand market.
    Last edited by Poodey; August 29th, 2014 at 15:40.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information