is the non-US version of Engineer II Arabic T100?

Thread: is the non-US version of Engineer II Arabic T100?

is the non-US version of Engineer II Arabic T100?

In another thread there is a list of T100 ball watch(i.e. > 25 mCi). I notice that while the Engineer II Roman is on the list, the Engineer II Arabic isn't. I have handled both in a local AD here in Hong Kong, both are not marked as T25 and the Arabic appear to use even more tritium vials then the Roman. Another odd thing I notice is that Ball-US website said that the US version of Engineer II Arabic does NOT have the 3 and 9 numerals! I have never seen an Engineer II Arabic that does not have the 3 and 9 numerals. Could anyone confirm that such thing really exists? And if it does exist, does the missing tritium vials on the 3 and 9 numerals exclude it from the T100 list?

I'm asking this because I looking for a Ball with the best lume. And sadly the list for T100 Ball is awfully short. I love watch with tritium vials and currently wear a Traser P5900, and a P6502. I want to step up to something with more lume and Ball seems to be the answer.

Re: is the non-US version of Engineer II Arabic T100?

Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to your question, but I am certain Ball Watch USA will be able to answer. They should be along soon to follow-up.

In the mean time, I would like to welcome you to our forum and I hope you will participate with us in future discussions. I equally hope you find the Ball watch that is just right for you.

Have fun and happy hunting!
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

Thanks for the quick reply. I hope somebody from ball USA will comment on this.

On this thread https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=82453

The only T100 watches listed are the Engineer II Roman, Trainmaster Even Arabic, Engineer Master II Classic, and the Engineer Master II Moon Glow.

The Engineer Master II classic would have been perfect for me. But unfortunately none of my local AD carries one. The Trainmaster Even Arabic is also nice but it's out because it's only rated at 30m WR. I swim with my watch on. The Moon Glow does contain a lot of tritium vials but I believe most of the light is blocked to create the nice 3,6,12 numerals and date. An finally I'm not too fond of the styling of the numerals in the Engineer II Roman.

I'm now considering the Engineer II Arabic, the Hydrocarbon Magnate and perhaps also the Engineer II master Chronometer. I don't need any fancy complication. My first priority is lume power. I just got my first job after college and this will be my first "nice" watch. Could anybody give me some suggestions? Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chuen View Post
    In another thread there is a list of T100 ball watch(i.e. > 25 mCi). I notice that while the Engineer II Roman is on the list, the Engineer II Arabic isn't.
    The Engineer II Arabic should be on that T100 list. Please have a look at this old conversation in the Public Forum for a more complete listing of watches: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showpos...0&postcount=18

Note that it does not include the Basel 2007 models.

I have handled both in a local AD here in Hong Kong, both are not marked as T25 and the Arabic appear to use even more tritium vials then the Roman. Another odd thing I notice is that Ball-US website said that the US version of Engineer II Arabic does NOT have the 3 and 9 numerals! I have never seen an Engineer II Arabic that does not have the 3 and 9 numerals. Could anyone confirm that such thing really exists? And if it does exist, does the missing tritium vials on the 3 and 9 numerals exclude it from the T100 list?
    Before the new USA licensing, there were two versions of the Engineer Arabic - the T25 and the T100. Hong Kong (and most of Asia) has always had the T100. Now, the USA can have the T100 as well, but there are still some T25 Engineer II Arabics in the market.

Regards,
    Jeremy Hogan
    Ball Watch Company

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Thanks Jeremy for the information. It's good to know that the Engineer II Arabic T100 is on the list. From the discussion, it appears the Engineer Master II Classic is the king in terms of lume power. It's a pity that I couldn't find a local AD that carries one. Perhaps I will try harder to locate one.

One the other hand, is there any way to tell what year a Ball is manufactured? I asked because I got my "new old stock" traser P6502 at a closeout and was disappointed that my 2 year old P5900 outshined it. I know that tritium have a half-life of 12.3 years but taking phosphor degradation into account the tritium vials will probably loose half their brightness in less then 10 years, especially under the condition that they are displayed in the store shelf.(i.e. under the spot light, high heat)

I don't need to pinpoint the date. I just don't want to end up with a Ball that's more then a few years old. Thanks.

Thread Information