While I have no doubt that the current version of Night Train will be a
huge hit for BALL, I know that are many of us here who would like to see
more or other variants of this great watch in the future.
I consider BALL watch Co. very responsive to their customers and I am
sure they would like to know 'what else we would buy'.
We know they read this forum - and ya' never know....maybe in a year or
two you can see another version of Night Train in Basel that will be a
result from what their R & D team reads here - your ideas !!
OK - I will start and encourage others to follow.
Here would be my ideal Night Train(s) with following options
- 43 and 40mm
- DLC coated case and SS case
- black dial or white dial
- BLACK date wheel with white numbers for better blending (on black dialed versions)
- hours, minutes, seconds, date ONLY - NO UTC option with additional window
- or hours, minutes, seconds, date - AND window with a true GMT function (again - discrete BLACK wheel w/white writing) - even better make it a GMT with additional hand - no holes in the dial.
- DLC coated crown (always matching with DLC case) - current SS crown clashes with the DLC case.
- black calf strap w/ BLACK stitching PLUS "curved & fitted" rubber strap (like seen on some ORIS or Mad Cow)
- would love to see the strap attached with screws via hollow metal inserts inside of the strap - similar to PAM)
- DLC coated buckle with screw - not a spring bar (would love to have the strurdy milled type buckle - like on Mad Cow)
(or if using the current style buckle, which is also milled and looks just fine lose the spring bar & make
the decorative screws on both sides functional)
Dang......can any genius Photoshop that (at least the case, dial and crown) ? ...now that would be SWEEEET !!!
- on a side note - please introduce more 60-tube dials across your other models.
If YOUR ideal Night Train combination will be already mentioned by others - please DO REPEAT IT...so we can monitor if there
is any pattern or uninty towards certain combinations (i.e dial color, case finish, bracelet, strap, rubber, complication etc.)
In a meanwhile - congrats to BALL for bringing the current model of Night Train out. What a watch !!!