Oh no....and now I have a pair of BALLS ! ! I guess this hobby is addictive, isn't it? ;-)

Thread: Oh no....and now I have a pair of BALLS ! ! I guess this hobby is addictive, isn't it? ;-)

Picture Oh no....and now I have a pair of BALLS ! ! I guess this hobby is addictive, isn't it? ;-)

As I mentioned in my earlier post - today I visited my local BALL AD
    and saw the Night Train with a nice orange stitched strap. As much as
    I love that watch, I could NOT take my eyes off from this lovable monster
    sitting right next to it in the display case.

I could not help it - this watch just "oozes being a BALL & a bad a$$ watch" at the same time.
    To me, there is something about hydrocarbons that spells to me B-A-L-L like
    Submariner spells R-o-l-e-x. This must be going back to those days when Jeff
    Hess showed me a BALL watch for the first time in his office. No doubt - HC
    left an indelible image in my mind,
    I have a relatively small wrist but the people who designed this watch
    knew what they were doing.....the large case contours about perfectly
    around my wrist. Those 30 pesky Tritium tubes keep my night stand lit up

What can I say....the pictures say it all. This watch is AWESOME !!

Re: Oh no....and now I have a pair of BALLS ! ! I guess this hobby is addictive, isn't it?

Congrats ! I would agree that The HCs oozes BALL especially the Chrono! That is one big, thick, chunky and lastly a majestic watch. So many good looking Balls it gets kinda confusing what to get next. BTW is that a chrono I or II?

Re: Oh no....and now I have a pair of BALLS ! ! I guess this hobby is addictive, isn't it?

Hi Milos,

Congrats on your new Hydrocarbon Chronograph! Fabulous pics, too, thanks!

The black dialed HC Chronograph is probably my favorite of all the HCs. The 42mm size, the ti case and ti/steel bracelet, the gorgeous black guilloché dial with the cool yellow hands(for just the right splash of color), and the Valjoux 7750 beating inside...for me, it just doesn't get much better than that.

And I agree with you, Milos--for me, the Hydrocarbon is Ball's signature watch series.
    Last edited by sukispop; October 6th, 2007 at 17:12.
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sukispop View Post
    Hi Milos,

Congrats on your new Hydrocarbon Chronograph! Fabulous pics, too, thanks!

The black dialed HC Chronograph is probably my favorite of all the HCs. The 42mm size, the ti case and ti/steel bracelet, the gorgeous black guilloché dial with the cool yellow hands(for just the right splash of color), and the Valjoux 7750 beating inside...for me, it just doesn't get much better than that.

And I agree with you, Milos--for me, the Hydrocarbon is Ball's signature watch series.
    Ha! We're exact opposites! My favorite EH Chrono combo is the white dial with red and blue on the rubber strap. There's something very American about that...

By the way I believe that is the Chronograph I. The only difference is in the gas tubes used at the hour markers.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    BTW is that a chrono I or II?
    I do not know...how can I tell which version I have?
    All I know that my watch is the SJ version of the dial with 30 Tritium tubes
    DC1016A-SJ-BK. I think the other version is DC1016A-S1J-BK.
    And the S1J version 18 Tritium tubes. I am not sure which one is version I or II and which one is newer.

DC1016A-S1J-WH and DC1016A-S1J-BK (18 Tritium tubes)

DC1016A-SJ-WH and DC1016A-SJ-BK (30 Tritium tubes)

Is this the only difference or is there something else between chrono I and II ?...and which one is I and II ?

Congrats milos on a great pickup - now you got me itching again. But I'm with Jeremy on this one, when I get my EH Chrono, it will be the white dial version with the SJ version markers. Still that black dial is a beauty...

Is S1J version discontinued ??

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFan1 View Post

DC1016A-S1J-WH and DC1016A-S1J-BK (18 Tritium tubes)

DC1016A-SJ-WH and DC1016A-SJ-BK (30 Tritium tubes)

Is this the only difference or is there something else between chrono I and II ?...and which one is I and II ?
    Good questions, Milos. I've not read of, nor seen pics of, the S1J versions of the EH Chronograph...til now.

They're great looking chronos, too. I, myself, prefer the horizontally laid hour marker tritium tubes of your(SJ) version, to the "ends up" oriented hour marker tritium tubes of the S1J version(similar to those of the Trainmaster 60 Seconds)...simply more tritium lume. An argument could be made, though, that the S1J's dial, as a result of the subtle differences, is a slight bit "cleaner" than the SJ's dial. I also prefer the silver hour/minute hands against the black dialed SJ, to the blued hands of the S1J. I know that some folks here would like the blued hands more, and find the blued hands more visible against the black dial in daylight(which is probably true)...but I've just always had a preference for watch faces with only two colors, as opposed to those with three(or more) colors(I don't count the metallic silver of the hands as an additional color)...but that's just me.

Last edited by sukispop; October 6th, 2007 at 19:07.
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1

Quote Originally Posted by srh_pres View Post
    ...But I'm with Jeremy on this one, when I get my EH Chrono, it will be the white dial version with the SJ version markers. Still that black dial is a beauty...
    Hi Steve and Jeremy,

Isn't it great that watch companies like Ball make their models in different flavors? This way, we can all find the one that stirs our soul like no other! And, while I do prefer the black dial version of the "SJ" EH Chrono, I do think that the white dial version with the stunning blued hands is beautiful, too!
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1

Quote Originally Posted by sukispop View Post
    Hi Steve and Jeremy,

Isn't it great that watch companies like Ball make their models in different flavors? This way, we can all find the one that stirs our soul like no other! And, while I do prefer the black dial version of the "SJ" EH Chrono, I do think that the white dial version with the stunning blued hands is beautiful, too!
    Couldnt agree more Geoff... a company like Ball makes me a happy WIS indeed..

Thread Information