OK, am I nuts thinking like this? - Page 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: OK, am I nuts thinking like this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: OK, am I nuts thinking like this?

You're nuts. You seem to be finding fault with WR, but walking around on a boat or on the beach will not harm the Speedmaster.

To each his own though. It sounds like you have fallen out of love.
    wschofield3 likes this.
    Omega Aqua Terra Master Co-Axial 8500 - Omega Diver 300M Master Chronometer - Seiko "Samurai" SRPC93

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
    You're nuts. You seem to be finding fault with WR, but walking around on a boat or on the beach will not harm the Speedmaster.

To each his own though. It sounds like you have fallen out of love.
    No, not fallen out of love, just that I find myself in and around water a lot and WR was always a big deal for me, but the way the Speedy fit and looked, it eventually won me over.

Now, I find myself reaching for other watches because most of my activity, during the warmer months, centers around the ocean, and during the day, I will be submerged in water frequently.

I've decided to keep it though as it really does look and fit great, so I'll reserve it for nights out on the town.

I too agree, the Speedy is overrated!!

I buy watches I like! As I will be the one wearing them. I really don’t care about resale value, if I did I would only by Rolex and miss out on a hole world of watches.

If you feel the Ball calling you, go for it. If you don’t need to sell the Speedy keep it, as an ocasional special watch to wear every now and then. If you do need to sell it, you can buy it whenever... new or used, they are always available.
    wschofield3 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information