Photos from Ball Museum Tour--San Francisco 10/13

Thread: Photos from Ball Museum Tour--San Francisco 10/13

Photos from Ball Museum Tour--San Francisco 10/13

Geoff (sukispop) and his wife Karen met me in San Francisco yesterday at Andy Jewelers on a gorgeous Autumn day to meet Ball's National Sales Manager Marc Ofte, view the "travelling show" and engage in plenty of spirited "watch talk". The store manager Rich Neciuk, had some nice Ball watches to check out and drool over and we tried on most everything. Marc is most knowledgeable, very engaging and full of interesting Ball watch history. If the tour is coming to an AD near you, try and visit. A few photos follow to document the day........

Geoff (sukispop), Marc Ofte and Chris (CalDiver)

Some older Ball watches including Webb Ball's own gold pocket watch (on left)

Some of the items displayed by Marc that document Ball's history and relationship to the US railroads
    Chris

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." -Oscar Wilde
    ==========================
    Collector of Ball, Stowa and Glycine timepieces

Re: Photos from Ball Museum Tour--San Francisco 10/13

Great Photos Chris!

It was fun meeting you too, Chris! I was fully prepared to grimace my way through a "museum tour." As Geoff will tell you, I can get through the Monterey Aquarium and SF Zoo in 20 minutes because, hey, all fish or mammals start looking alike anyway. But really, Marc was very entertaining and kept my interest. I don't even think I once!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Chris,

Thank you for sharing your pics of our SF Museum Tour day!

I very much enjoyed meeting you, your friend, and Marc Ofte!

Marc gave an interesting, fun, and entertaining presentation on the history of the Ball Watch Company, Webb C. Ball, and the wonderful vintage pieces from the past. Marc's a truly nice guy and really knows his stuff, and his love for it really shines through. After his presentation and some fun watch talk, Marc let us help ourselves to Ball bumper stickers and gave each of us a Ball Watch Museum Tour 2007 t-shirt, just for coming by! Thanks, very much, Marc!

Karen doesn't usually fare well in these types of things--historical presentations, movies that don't have anything to do with the mafia, The Monterey Bay Aquarium, the SF Fleishacker Zoo, The Animal Planet...you get the idea. But she was a good sport and didn't too much, so after we were done, I took her across the street for some pie and a cup of coffee!

I highly recommend making this tour if one happens to come to an AD near you!
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Looks like it was a great event. Sorry I couldn't make it due to a prior engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwatchdog View Post
    Looks like it was a great event. Sorry I couldn't make it due to a prior engagement.
    Yeah, I was hoping that you might be able to make it. You could've walked into the store, saw us standing right there, and yelled, "Hey, I'm SFWatchdog, everybody!"!

CalDiver/Chris mentioned to me, yesterday, that he'd love to see us Northern California Ball guys try to get a get together, together, some day...try saying that three times fast!...so, with a little help from our friends...who knows?
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Yeah, I was hoping that you might be able to make it. You could've walked into the store, saw us standing right there, and yelled, "Hey, I'm SFWatchdog, everybody!"!
    Given that there is roughly one Night Train for every 2 million people in the US, you probably could have figured that out from looking at my wrist! ;)

A northern cal get together sounds great! I can't make it the weekend of Oct 27th, I will be in Tahoe.

Thread Information