Limited Edition Chronometer day/date silver white dial
    Trainmaster Small Seconds White Dial
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by scosgt; August 29th, 2007 at 08:35. Reason: List watches

Re: Pictures of my balls (sorry!)

nice sets of "balls" you have

Wow those are very nice pics!

It looks like you've got both the T25 and T100 Balls there. If you don't mind my asking, how would you describe the difference in brightness between them? Are the T100s much brighter?

Thanks!
    Regards,
    - TY -

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't know if any of them are T100. Someone else would need to answer that question. I did have the Transmaster 60 seconds, and the tubes were WEAK, but also they are mounted differently, so that may have had something to do with it.

Hi scosgt,

I am not 100% positive about this, but I remember reading that the ones that say 'T25 Swiss Made' on the dial are T25, and the ones that just say 'T Swiss Made' are T100.

Your comment about the Trainmaster 60seconds being weak is interesting because according to the reasoning above it should have T100 tubes. Maybe the vertical placement of the tubes makes them look weaker.

Having said that, since you were previously unaware if you had any T100 Balls, would you say that you noticed any difference in brightness in the four Balls in the pictures you posted in this thread? Would be interesting to know, since you wouldn't have been biased by the knowledge that any of them was supposed to be brighter than another.

Thanks again, and hope you don't mind all the questions. I'm just quite curious.
    Regards,
    - TY -

Again. I don't think any of these are T100 (Jeremy can jump right in) but I will say this: They are brighter than the S&W watches, and maybe a bit brighter than the Traser I had, but oyu need to keep two things in mind:
    1. the number of tubes means a lot. These watches have many more tubes than any of the above mentioned watches.
    2. Green is always brighter than yellow or blue. That being said the Arabic Chronomters (and the small seconds) with the yellow tubes and green hands are just awesome! The contrast is amazing at night.

Quote Originally Posted by imtrbo View Post
    Your comment about the Trainmaster 60seconds being weak is interesting because according to the reasoning above it should have T100 tubes. Maybe the vertical placement of the tubes makes them look weaker.
    You might be confusing the "60 Seconds" with "Small Seconds" model in scosgt's post. The 60 Seconds has little dot-sized tritium tubes. I'll be surprised if it has more than 15 millicurie. It gives off less light than other T25 models (such as the Small Seconds), let alone the T100 models.

Trainmaster 60 Seconds:

Rob
    Last edited by roberev; August 30th, 2007 at 04:31.

What is the lume lile on that Special Edition Louisville that you have?

It has the same little dot-sized tritium tubes as the 60 Seconds (or about the same size, at least). Lume is indistinguishable from the 60 Seconds, or my Stocker and Yale, for that matter. I can read it well enough in the dark, but not at twilight. My other T25 models are brighter. I suspect that the glow on these tritium watches is all about millicuries and tube surface area.

Trainmaster L&I (compare to 60 Seconds pic in post above):

Rob
    (I love WiFi! It lets me get my WIS fix even when I'm away!)
    Last edited by roberev; August 29th, 2007 at 20:27.

That's what I thought. However, one does not buy that particular watch for the lume. It is flat out beautiful!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information