Planning to buy a Ball Hydrocarbon DeepQuest
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Planning to buy a Ball Hydrocarbon DeepQuest

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Planning to buy a Ball Hydrocarbon DeepQuest

FINALLY! I plan on making my first expensive watch purchase. Up until now, everything I've had is <$500.
    I've always liked Ball for their use of tritium tubes and after shopping around, the DeepQuest has really caught my eye.

I found a local AD in Chinatown (NY, NY) who had a customer's DeepQuest that I was able to look at.
    Compared it to a few other watches and I just fell in love with it.
    The guy was also able to offer me a surprisingly good price (I was expecting it to cost much closer to MSRP).
    Is openly talking about prices "taboo" here? If not, I'll say what I was offered and you guys can tell me if it was good.

I'll probably end up getting the watch in July, after I get a few more paychecks from my new job :D
    Until then, it'll be constant research for me, to make sure I get what I want.

Is there anything I should be worried about?
    Does anyone have good pictures of the silver dial version? I've only seen the black dial.
    It seems like Ball is reasonable about swapping tritium tubes in the future. Am I right?
    Also, any other suggestions? I'd prefer to stick to Ball for their use of tritium but im open to all options. I've already looked at Tag, Omega and Breitling online. Not very interested in those as of right now.

Re: Planning to buy a Ball Hydrocarbon DeepQuest

Ball makes excellent watches all around having two now and two gone but not forgotten. The DQ is a fantastic watch, however, my dear friend has one and it is his favorite, but IMO, it looks silly on his 6.25" wrist. My opinion is that you need at least a 7" wrist for it to not look like you're wearing a hockey puck.

If the DQ is too large for you, I recommend the Spacemaster x-lume as the watch to beat in the Ball lineup. A few weeks ago, when considering trading a few watches for one much more expensive one, my x-lume was the only one off the table and it was the least expensive watch at retail than two of the three.

Haha well lucky me, my wrist is exactly 7"
    I tried it on in the store as well. I think the size fits me well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Ball makes excellent watches all around having two now and two gone but not forgotten. The DQ is a fantastic watch, however, my dear friend has one and it is his favorite, but IMO, it looks silly on his 6.25" wrist. My opinion is that you need at least a 7" wrist for it to not look like you're wearing a hockey puck.

If the DQ is too large for you, I recommend the Spacemaster x-lume as the watch to beat in the Ball lineup. A few weeks ago, when considering trading a few watches for one much more expensive one, my x-lume was the only one off the table and it was the least expensive watch at retail than two of the three.
    That DQ is nice. (But I'm the same as you. My X Lume ain't going anywhere!)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Any opinions on what I should be expecting as a fair price?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just to catch you before you commit yourself--Prices are not subject to discussion in this forum, as it is an official Ball Forum. Good luck with your watch search.

Ah.. I didn't see that in the rules link at the top of this forum section, must've missed it.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nippero View Post
    Ah.. I didn't see that in the rules link at the top of this forum section, must've missed it.

Per the rules you can discuss retail prices only here. No discount or discussion of what you paid at any dealer including the sponsor are allowed (unless it was the retail price, but what would be the point in that). I believe it is rule 2 of the Ball forum.
    Last edited by samanator; June 9th, 2014 at 19:54.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Ic ic, my mistake.

Now back to the watch, I have a question about the movement. It's an ETA movement, but is it heavily modified to be more accurate? I can't tell if ball does that to all movements for their watches or only when they're trying to add special features.

And there's a nice DQ on the sales forum now... Taking a good look at that hehe.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post

Agree and would add the thinner Airborne, XV or Black Rock may be better options for smaller wrist diameters members.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information