Problem with the rotatating Bezel on my Ball EMII Diver

Thread: Problem with the rotatating Bezel on my Ball EMII Diver

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Problem with the rotatating Bezel on my Ball EMII Diver

I actually discovered this problem a few days ago, but I think I was just hoping it would go away by itself.

When I try to set the inner rotating bezel, the mechanism doesn't fully disengage when I push the crown back in to screw it down. The result is that the bezel moves a few minutes in the anti-clockwise direction as I'm trying to screw the crown back in.

This only happens if I try to set the bezel between the 4 and 5 hour positions and the 10 and 11 hour positions. Everywhere else around the watch, the bezel disengages flawlessly, without so much as a twitch!

I don't suppose any of you other EMII Diver owners have had this problem?

I live in Australia, so unfortunately I don't have an AD to go to here, but I was hoping to get this repaired under the warranty (I just bought the watch recently). Do you think I should email Ball, or send it back to the AD in Singapore where I bought the watch? I have family in Singapore who could help me with that. I probably won't be back in Singapore till about late Nov or early Dec.

Thanks for your help!
    Regards,
    - TY -

Re: Problem with the rotatating Bezel on my Ball EMII Diver

Your best option is to send it back Ball Singapore. They can fix it for you. You should contact them with details first. All the best.

Jeremy from Ball Watch has given me a contact of someone from Ball Watch Singapore who can help me out. (Thanks Jeremy!!)

I've just emailed her, so hopefully I'll be able to get this solved.

I'll probably have to send it back to Singapore, so I'll er... have no Balls for awhile... (sorry can't stop with the puns...)
    Regards,
    - TY -

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just to update you guys in case any of you were interested...

I sent the watch back to Singapore and I was just informed today that they will fix it and 'overhaul' the mechanism for the rotating bezel. The problem I was experiencing is apparently 'very rare' according to the tech guys.

It's going to take about two weeks to fix, so I'm going to be Ball-less till it gets shipped back to me here. I'm missing it very much! Oh well, my other watches were losing wrist time anyway, so this will be a good opportunity for them! LOL... At least there were no problems with Ball's Warranty!
    Regards,
    - TY -

Unfortunately you cannot post or even read this forum unless there is a Ball strapped to your wrist! JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Glad to see Ball is taking care of the problem!

Let us know how it turns out,
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Time2watch View Post
    Unfortunately you cannot post or even read this forum unless there is a Ball strapped to your wrist! JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Glad to see Ball is taking care of the problem!

Let us know how it turns out,
    Ok fine! I guess I'll just have to go get another Ball then! hmmph!!

Yup good to know they're taking care of it. I'll keep you guys updated...
    Regards,
    - TY -

I had one problem with a Ball Watch and the Ad was all over it. Sent it back to the main supplier and they got it back to me within days. Not a problem since either. These guys seem customer orentiated and working hard to please!

I'm afraid I have bad news.

I've just received my watch, back from the service center in Singapore, and the watch is NOT FIXED!!!!

It's still has the same problem as before, just in a different position on the bezel. I think they probably took out the mechanism and reassembled it, and then tested the bezel in the problem areas. Previously it was around the top left and bottom right of the bezel. Now, however, it's in the top right and bottom left of the bezel!!

I don't know what I'm going to do now. I don't want to keep shipping it back and forth between Australia and Singapore... I think I'll bring it in again the next time I'm back in Singapore, which should be late Nov or Early Dec. I'm only going to be there for a week though, which means that I'll have to get it shipped back to me in Australia again...

I still love this watch, but I'm just very disappointed. Not only because it has come back with the problem unresolved, but because the bezel timer is a function that I actually do use frequently on my watches... If it wasn't something I use often, I think I could live with it not working...
    Regards,
    - TY -

Sad to hear that your still having problems with you green diver. I agree that you have it fixed when you visit singapore so you can explain fully the recurrent problem. It would be probably fixed in a weeks time assuming they dont have to replace any parts which they have to order from switzerland.

Write a detailed letter to your AD about the problem. My Ad in Houston thinks they should replace the head on your Diver and make life happy again for you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information