PROOF of "Get on the Ball"
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: PROOF of "Get on the Ball"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PROOF of "Get on the Ball"

I'm quickly becoming a Ball watch fan. And a part of it has to do with the company's heritage. I'd like to end one aspect of ongoing speculation.

READ THE LAST LINE:

Name:  odj873ejg0vzjqarsjll.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  237.7 KB

Re: PROOF of "Get on the Ball"

Thanks for sharing!
    wirebender likes this.

Moral of the story time is of the essence. More likely ,,, the accuracy of the time for one of a better word .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A picture is worth a thousand words. In this case, a picture of the historical marker complete with the background story is gold! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Ball Watch forum
    Last edited by Dogbert_is_fat; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:28. Reason: fixed a typo
    wirebender likes this.

Very cool. Nice post.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I bough my first Ball Watch In 2012. Engineer 2, with the Arabic numerals. I love the Blue Tritium numerals with the Yellow Tritium Watch hands. Once you own a Ball Watch, I think all become big fans. Vance.
    wirebender likes this.
    Watch the time you have, Jesus is coming soon! “Faith is seeing the light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness.”

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

When the Ball road show went around with their museum items they told it a bit different, and in a way that made more sense. The Saying was "On the Ball" which came from the late 1800 and early 1900. Since railroad man had access to have their watches set to the Ball standard they were who you went to to get the exact time in those days. When they read the time off it would be xx:xx on the Ball. Meaning to the Ball standard.

Just because a city puts it on the sign does not make it a fact.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    When the Ball road show went around with their museum items they told it a bit different, and in a way that made more sense. The Saying was "On the Ball" which came from the late 1800 and early 1900. Since railroad man had access to have their watches set to the Ball standard they were who you went to to get the exact time in those days. When they read the time off it would be xx:xx on the Ball. Meaning to the Ball standard.

Forgive me for sounding argumentative, but did you read the sign? In no way does the sign contradict your experience. In fact, it might even support your story. That being said, I agree that is wise to exercise caution when considering anecdotal information.

Keep in mind, the plaque is not a supported, paid advertisement for The Ball Watch Company. It is a marker posted by the Ohio Historical Society, arguably a more valid reference than a Ball Watch Company travelling show. The plaque is dated 2005, the year of inception of the latest iteration of the Ball Watch Company. If there is any undisclosed connection to the Ball Watch Company (which is tantamount to conspiracy theorism to believe that there is), it would go down as the ultimate example of slow-burn, viral marketing!

Any story Ball Watch Company (or for that matter, any watch company) offers will likely have the customary flourishes that all companies attempt to appropriate with hopes of ratification by the all-to-eager consumer. Sometimes the real answer is short, simple, and fits in a couple lines at the end of a sign.

No one will ever really know the truth but my vote is for the plaque.

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post

Forgive me for sounding argumentative, but did you read the sign? In no way does the sign contradict your experience. In fact, it might even support your story. That being said, I agree that is wise to exercise caution when considering anecdotal information.

Keep in mind, the plaque is not a supported, paid advertisement for The Ball Watch Company. It is a marker posted by the Ohio Historical Society, arguably a more valid reference than a Ball Watch Company travelling show. The plaque is dated 2005, the year of inception of the latest iteration of the Ball Watch Company. If there is any undisclosed connection to the Ball Watch Company (which is tantamount to conspiracy theorism to believe that there is), it would go down as the ultimate example of slow-burn, viral marketing!

Any story Ball Watch Company (or for that matter, any watch company) offers will likely have the customary flourishes that all companies attempt to appropriate with hopes of ratification by the all-to-eager consumer. Sometimes the real answer is short, simple, and fits in a couple lines at the end of a sign.

No one will ever really know the truth but my vote is for the plaque.
    Last edited by wirebender; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:54.

Double Post. Please excuse the error.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information