Questions About BALL Watches
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Questions About BALL Watches

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Question Questions About BALL Watches

I've become absolutely smitten with BALL watches. I'm heading off to Aruba in a few weeks and plan on checking them out in person.
    I have 2 Armourlite Watches (T-25 brightness). I've had them for near 10 years and the brightness is now horrible, but I like the watches.
    I was wondering how the brightness of the BALL Watches rated in compared to Armourlite's T-25 & T-100.
    The Armourlite watches are powered by Tritium, but I haven't seen the word Tritium used in BALL copy, what powers them?

Finally, do these watches meet the hype? Please feel free to share you stories. -Z-

Re: Questions About BALL Watches

Ball watches use tritium tubes. They'll have similar life time to your Armourlite.

I have a Fireman Enterprise (T25) and an Engineer III Endurance (T) and both shine brightly. You won't be disappointed with the lume or with the build quality.
    bmfang and DJSTEVEZ like this.

Ball's tritium is awesome.

Multi-colored on some models and very visible and easy to read for all models, regardless of the light conditions
    DJSTEVEZ likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I prefer T25; find T100 to be too...wait for it...bright (yes I wrote it). I find the flat tubes to illuminate a bit better than the thinner tubes too. If you're looking for a diver, beater, etc, you might also want to consider a Marathon GSAR or TSAR. A bit cheaper and tough as nails.

Have fun!
    DJSTEVEZ and qa_ii like this.
    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi.

Current watches:
    Omega Speedmaster Reduced 3510.50
    Breitling Aerospace 40mm - e73562
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

I just bought my first BALL Watch yesterday and it should arrive in a few days.

I'm curious as to what happens when the tritium reaches its lifespan. Does BALL replace them, and if so, does anyone know what the cost would likely be?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dwczinmb View Post
    I just bought my first BALL Watch yesterday and it should arrive in a few days.

I'm curious as to what happens when the tritium reaches its lifespan. Does BALL replace them, and if so, does anyone know what the cost would likely be?

After 25 years, the tritium is likely to be at 25% brightness compared to now. Still usable to a degree, but it will be fainter.

Ball says that they can replace them. I’ve heard anywhere from 20-30 per tube to Ball not having any replacements available for certain dial faces. You also have to factor in shipping back to Switzerland most likely (unless you are able to source GTL tubes from elsewhere).

Of course, that is still assuming that Ball will still be around in 25 years time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dwczinmb likes this.

Ball makes a great product at a very fair price. T3 (tritium) is the lume. It does have a limited life.

However, so does "standard" lume, so the concern may be a bit overwrought.
    dwczinmb likes this.

Tritium is Tritium. It doesn't matter what the brand of watch. I prefer T-25 over T-100 because it doesn't "almost kill my night vision" when looking at it in the middle of the night. What looks "super cool" with multiple colors and gigantic tubes of all shapes when looking at photos is really too much for me in person. I prefer simply placed tubes with the most emphasis on the hands and not the numerals or minute markers.

For me, Ball has a well deserved reputation for being an excellent, good quality watch that lives up to the hype. Good movements, good build quality and quality control and from what I've read, good customer service. I've never had a problem with any of my Ball watches.
    dwczinmb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmfang View Post
    After 25 years, the tritium is likely to be at 25% brightness compared to now. Still usable to a degree, but it will be fainter.

Ball says that they can replace them. I’ve heard anywhere from 20-30 per tube to Ball not having any replacements available for certain dial faces. You also have to factor in shipping back to Switzerland most likely (unless you are able to source GTL tubes from elsewhere).

Of course, that is still assuming that Ball will still be around in 25 years time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the response. Sounds like I don't have much to worry about.

I have shown these picts before--the lume shots were taken a couple of months ago--of my now 13 year old Ball first generation Fireman (T25)--it perhaps isn't as bright as the day I bought it, but it is still plenty bright, still the watch I take when I go to the movies, and it still is brighter than any other form of lume at around 4 hours into darkness, and stays that way as long as you are in that darkness, be it a day, a week or a year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DJSTEVEZ, bmfang and dwczinmb like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information