Quick Question about winders.

Thread: Quick Question about winders.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Question about winders.

I am new to this forum and if this the wrong place to post this question I apologize.

Anyway, I am in search of a new quality watch winder. My current one is an inexpensive one from E-bay. It has lasted about four years and now the gears are stripping. Does anyone have one they would recommend preferably with enough room for 6 or 8 watches? And where is a good place to purchase it? Thanks.

Re: Quick Question about winders.

Orbita....check out their website. They sell blems at a discount.

__________________________________________________ __________________

AUDEMARS PIGUET | BLANCPAIN | DAMASKO | GRAND SEIKO | ROLEX

thanks for the help

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Call your local Ball AD as they can get Ball Logo'd Orbita watchwinders.

if you dont want to break the bank but still get a good product i may suggest the following. I checked it out last week and will be picking one up this weekend.
    http://www.brookstone.com/store/prod...=Result*R1C1*T

Hi,
    for me I have found in my opinion a better winder than the orbita and is made by ( TAG Heuer , Omega , and Breitling ) and made by a company in Geneva Called SwissKubik. These are the coolest winders I have seen with a really resonable price also. they run on regual C size batteries they are really small and you can program them with an additional software that you download from the main manucaturers web site.
    I have 4 of the Omega winders that I have purchaed from Omega Butiques in Thiland and Hongkong that take only one watch and then I bought 3 from the Tag Heuer Butiques in Dubai and Hong kong that takes two watches with a small acrilic door. The battery lasts for 4-7 years so you can just put the winder in the safe and forget about it.
    The only thing that I they are only sold in Omega and tag Heuer Butiques in Europe and Asia and in Dubai I have only seen the Tag winders and the Breitling one's ( only for one watch but is sold as a complimentry item with certian watches )
    i will post some images if you want from my own winders. I hope that helps you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting posts, everybody. I am in the market for a winder now too. I am looking to make a purchase to accommodate two watches (so, either two singles or one double). From what I have heard, most of the people around here really like the Orbitas.

Saeed, your post was really helpful. Does anybody else have any new companies or manufacturers to suggest?
    "To err is human. And stupid." - George Carlin

Casio Pathfinder (PAW1300-1V)
    Ball Fireman (First Generation) Orange Numerals, Black Face, Stainless Steel
    Ball Fireman Storm Chaser
    Ball Engineer II Moonphase, White Dial, Ball Alligator Strap

Check out softwind if you want an affordable 4 winder.

Thought I'd throw my 1 cent into the pot (sorry I can't give 2 cents, but -- you know -- the recession).

From all I've read by many experts, I suspect Orbita probably makes the best product out there. The problem is price and even in the Orbita Outlet section, be prepared to shell out at least $1600-1700 for a "factory second" six-watch winder. If for no reason other than pure principle, there's no winder in the world worth that sort of money to me. Come on -- that's just crazy money for a factory-blem, relatively simple device. Burlwood, schmurlwood, this is very, very overpriced for most people who only want to keep their watches wound, wouldn't you say? I'd rather spend less on a decent winder and apply the difference toward another Ball watch. By the way, if you check the Orbita website and take a peek at the "non outlet" six watch winder, it shows a list price of .... ready for this???.... about $4K. Even if I won the lotto and had g-notes spilling out of every pocket, I couldn't justify that ridiculous price for a basic mechanical device. This ain't a 12 cylinder Lamborghini, it ain't a space shuttle, it's six little spinning motors and a low-tech plugin to control timing and rotational direction.

There are lots of other brands out there which I explored such as Wolf Designs, Scatola del Tempo (even more expensive than Orbita) and a few others. Reviews were mixed, price was high and so I ruled all of them out. I also looked at some relatively cheap winders, mostly from China, but I read way too many negative commentaries from many people, so I also ruled those out. One winder is an interesting concept (I think it was called Rotolution), but it seemed to be somewhat a startup one-man-show and so I decided it was wise to walk from that one, as well.

Bottom line: I purchased a three-winder Eilux two months ago and have to say I think I made exactly the right choice. The winder is dead silent, even if I put my ear right up to the case, and has been quietly, uneventfully winding my watches on batteries since the day it arrived. It is attractively wrapped in black leather with a grey suede-type interior and a large plexiglas viewing window which is handy for occasionally viewing the battery pilot light. When I open the lockable door to retrieve a watch, it automatically stops spinning - simple, but a nice feature. It included an AC adapter which I doubt I'll ever use, as well as a thin velvety bag which I use as a cover to keep dust off the winder itself. A one-year warranty is included. I was lucky and found the winder on sale last December at about $400.

Each to his own, but it's hard for me to imagine that Orbita could be that much better to cost so much more. If the Eilux breaks prematurely, then I may be singing a different tune and will openly eat humble pie on this forum - but for now I couldn't be more satisfied with the product.

Good luck with your decision!

With Best Regards,
    Mick

I bought a single elux winder from Otto Frei for about $60 brand new three yrs ago and it has worked flawlessly. I don't believe that deal is available anymore but apparently the winder is of good quality for the money. I also use two Orbita winders and can confirm that their quality is superlative, albiet very expensive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information