Ready for the plunge, need AD suggestions

Thread: Ready for the plunge, need AD suggestions

Ready for the plunge, need AD suggestions

Hi everyone,

I've decided I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Ball after a few months lurking on this site and researching some other options. I live in the Williamsburg/Virginia Beach area and was hoping I could get some recommendations for the superior ADs in my area... (Richmond/DC/Baltimore corrider)

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Re: Ready for the plunge, need AD suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by markb78 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've decided I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Ball after a few months lurking on this site and researching some other options. I live in the Williamsburg/Virginia Beach area and was hoping I could get some recommendations for the superior ADs in my area... (Richmond/DC/Baltimore corrider)

Come on up to Richmond! Ball's first (and only?) North American boutique is here (Vera's Fine Jewelry). Plus there's a second AD here as well (Peter Alexander Jewelers). If you're headed up to Baltimore, there's only one AD in Maryland: Little Treasury in Gambrills, Md. Fellow forum member Steve_H owns that shop and has the best Ball inventory I've seen yet.

Shoot me a PM if you decided to come up to Richmond. I haven't been to seek Mike and Vera in months and really want to check out the Trieste.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by markb78 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I 2nd Steve at Little Treasury in MD.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I can't comment on dealers in your area, but I had a very good experience with Right Time in Denver, CO. Extremely quick shipping too, I ordered on Friday at 4pm and had it on Monday by 3pm. Would of been quicker if it weren't for the weekend.

I'll 3rd Little Treasury, Steve's a good guy, I purchased a Master II Diver from him a few months ago after trying on a slew of Ball's (and a few Anonimo's;). He had a ton of knowledge of watches which was nice. I read up a lot on Ball but he had nifty tidbits of info on each model. Word of caution, if you try one on, you're hooked.

I would recommend that you actually go to a dealer. I'm big on internet buying but you really have to see and feel them. I've tried a lot of watches and I was torn between the Night Train and Master II Diver but once I picked up the Diver, it was no contest. Can't get that online.

I 3rd it. Great guy, very knowledgeable. Takes his time with you to explain everything.

I didn't even pay attention to the location ...I was mutlitasking watching hockey and baseball while stirring macaroni and just did a quick read:oops:

I just read a great article in one of the watch mags (I think IW)about Little Treasury and Ball and the B & O Railroad. That would be enough for me to take a trip over to say hi.

I'd call ahead to get the museum hours and make a day of it. Bunch of cool railroad stuff. Roberev from the forum went to Jeff Hess' presentation there and put up a great post about it

The boutique at Vera's is also in your driving range...you have a dealer to the north and to the south. Sounds like a day or two of fun.

Vera's has been active in here and everyone who has been there has nice things to say.

You may wanna call both in advance and verify stock, especially if there is something you want to see.

Plz keep us posted on your trip to the dealer and what you think after you see the Ball Watch Line in person. Perhaps one will want to come back home with you

For many of us, there were two we loved and eventually we went back, so beware

Have Fun...Sounds Like a Great Day
    Last edited by scottw44; October 10th, 2008 at 05:01.
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

Smile Re: Ready for the plunge, need AD suggestions

Thanks, guys for the nice comments. What a great group! I'm honored.

And I really love talking BALL, so come back in anytime.

Steve_H

Thread Information