Retouch a point

Thread: Retouch a point

Banned

Retouch a point

Gentlemen,

Let me retouch a point on this forum. I want to be very clear on this. I have noticed an influx of behavior that we do not need here. As I understand it with conversations with Mr. Hess and others, we would wish to keep matters and conversation here civil at the very least.

I myself stopped posting on other forums because of bickering and nonsense spouted by others. I am a working member of the watch world, I probably spend six hours a week attempting to learn more about this amazing insturments and will never catch Jeff Hess in my lifetime were I live to be a 100.

So, if you see Mr. Hess, Marc Ofte, one of Ball Watch USA staff members, myself or another dealer posting advice, please do not take it negatively. We mostly attempt to give good advice on models, expectations, soundness of buys (even if I do not ever suggest buying off channel and not being able to exhamine the item, talk about pigs in a poke), please do not assume we are doing anything more than trying to keep most folks from making bad business deals.

A numer of things have been pointed out that are not to be discussed here and I wish all of you to go re-read your agreement before coming onboard and rattling a cage.

Please read on and enjoy our little forum, maybe we can all learn something!

All the best,
    Tony Box
    Houston Ball Dealer

Re: Retouch a point

With all due respect Tony, sometimes a little salsa is required to spice up a chip once in a while. I, as well as many who post here do so because of the Ball watch not because we took a sip of the cool-aide. If you want a sterile environment then maybe you'll have to start vetting any who would like to post here. Remember though, the whole world can come in here to take a look. Sometimes someone will speak their mind and maybe you won't like it. Please don't try to turn this place into another stuck up site that many of us have turned away from. You may not like what I'm saying here but I'm speaking my mind in response to your post. Please just let the mods do their thing and lets see where it takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog View Post
    With all due respect Tony, sometimes a little salsa is required to spice up a chip once in a while. I, as well as many who post here do so because of the Ball watch not because we took a sip of the cool-aide. If you want a sterile environment then maybe you'll have to start vetting any who would like to post here. Remember though, the whole world can come in here to take a look. Sometimes someone will speak their mind and maybe you won't like it. Please don't try to turn this place into another stuck up site that many of us have turned away from. You may not like what I'm saying here but I'm speaking my mind in response to your post. Please just let the mods do their thing and lets see where it takes us.
    Tony is not trying to turn this forum into a stuck up place...i understand that you may get a bad seed or two but he was only pointing out that we need to keep it simple,comments like your will only add fuel to the fire....my dad always told me,if you cant say something nice,dont dont say nothing at all.....Kenneth
    BALL AVIATOR
    INVICTA PRO DIVER 8926
    INVICTA CORDUBA LIMITED EDITION
    CROTON PRO DIVER
    ROLEX MILGUASS

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If we just sit back and let a few people turn this into an ultra conservative site then the traffic here will slow even more than it has. Haven't you noticed how many have stopped posting here? Comments like mine need to be said once in a while.

TMW

Groundhog, HBD, and Oilman -

Thanks for your posts. As moderator here, I hope to maintain this as an open, and very lightly moderated forum. There will be positive and negative comments, and I believe in a balance. I have spoke with Ball Senior Management, and this is our strategy.

That being said, i encourage all to read the rules of the forum, as this is still an official ball watch forum. We have several dealers here as well as ball people who frequent the site.

I want this to be a place for open discussion and most importantly for enjoyment of our hobby and ball watches. That is what it is about in the end. Watches.

Sounds fair to me.

Good point Mr Tony aka HBD

sounds good to me
    BALL AVIATOR
    INVICTA PRO DIVER 8926
    INVICTA CORDUBA LIMITED EDITION
    CROTON PRO DIVER
    ROLEX MILGUASS

Thread Information