Roadmaster M Icebreaker
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Roadmaster M Icebreaker

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Roadmaster M Icebreaker

Well Ball has gone and done it now. They must be listening to us. They've now offered the Icebreaker with the manufacture movement. It doesn't have the power reserve this time though. It's a more simplified dial now. I did like the reserve indicator, but overall this would be my pick because of the movement. WR is upped to 200m as well. Price is lower as well.
    Name:  Screenshot_20190809-091524_1565356600486.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  405.9 KB

Re: Roadmaster M Icebreaker

Ouch, that's still quite expensive compared to the Roadmaster M Challenger. It seems like the only significant difference is the use of 904L steel compared to 316L steel (assumed) Roadmaster.

Perhaps listening to some of "us"--certainly not me or some of the folks I know. The last thing I would want is a Ball in-house movement, as that would suggest service and repairs in Switzerland only, with huge time commitments and high prices for what appears to be a relatively mundane re-iteration of a familiar design--and the price? Thanks, but no thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Reminds me of the Tudor North Flag. The overall design is really well integrated, especially the way the brushed hands complement the case. The tritium tubes look much less obtrusive and also integrate well with the design. I find the case back artwork to be fuzzy and obscure....maybe it’s just the online rendition? The length of illumination on the hands could be better and offer more distinction between the hour and minute hands.
    Nokie likes this.
    www.coldwartourist.com - Exploring ruins & relics of the Cold War

A Tudor Northflag at half the price? But I hate butterfly clasps, and that is a deal breaker for me !

I like the case and bracelet integration. Nice looking watch.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

If the integrated bracelet is like the North Flag, it will make third party straps difficult to find. While the NF has an OEM leather strap the tiny spring bar makes swapping the bracelet and strap a nightmare--at least for me. I like the Icebreaker and the PR option. Like timefleas, I'd choose the ETA 2897 chronometer movement for ease of maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by gtuck View Post
    If the integrated bracelet is like the North Flag, it will make third party straps difficult to find. While the NF has an OEM leather strap the tiny spring bar makes swapping the bracelet and strap a nightmare--at least for me. I like the Icebreaker and the PR option. Like timefleas, I'd choose the ETA 2897 chronometer movement for ease of maintenance.
    The pre-order page offers optional leather, rubber and NATO straps and indicates a lug width of 20mm so I don’t think it will be like the NF in that respect. Not sure how a NATO would look on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKat View Post
    A Tudor Northflag at half the price? But I hate butterfly clasps, and that is a deal breaker for me !

Also, no micro adjustments other than the half-links.

I luv the look of this one and could stomach the price even if it is on the 'high' side... What I can't handle is that the minute hand tritium is almost the same length as the hour one. B. A. D, bad!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information