Solid bracelets and build quality...

Thread: Solid bracelets and build quality...

Solid bracelets and build quality...

Hi Guys,

Over the years I have been fortunate enough to own hundreds of fine Swiss, German and Japanese watches (mostly Swiss). 13 different Omega Seamasters + 1 Speedmaster Pro, 3 Rolexes, 7 Tag Heuers, 6 Breitlings, 4 Tudors, 2 IWCs, 6 Doxas and the list goes on and on... Oh yeah and 9 Balls... lol...

Anyway, I have noticed with all my Ball watches the build quality is exceptional. I am not talking about the movement, or the fine little details on the dials. I am talking about the way the bracelet links fit together. The way the clasp closes firmly and does not rattle. I am talking about the way the end links fit perfectly with the case and of course the case itself.

Have you ever held a Master II Diver in your hands? Let me tell you, with the clasp closed, the entire package feels like a tank threads all linked together. The word "tight" comes to mind. You know like when a music band has been playing together for 20 years and their songs sound as perfect LIVE as in the studio... "tight"!

Anyway, I didn't want this to come out all gushy, I just wanted to share my observation.

Anyone else see / feel this way?
    Last edited by Time2watch; November 13th, 2008 at 03:34.
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

Re: Solid bracelets and build quality...

Here's some pictures to illustrate what I mean:

Last edited by Time2watch; November 13th, 2008 at 03:08.
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

I did break the one on my GMT with the assistance of a wet suit top - but I don't hold that against Ball. I think every band would have broken under the same circumstances.

Retrieving the watch from 30+ feet at Mission Bay is a story I've posted here already.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Baume & Mercier Worldtimer, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, IWC Aquatimer Chrono Blue & Orange,Omega SMP, Rolex Gmt-Master II BNLR, Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf Special, Zenith El Primero Stratos Flyback Striking 10th

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i agree completely. the Master Diver feels so solid, it's impressed anyone who's handled it. this is one of the key features of the Ball brand.

Thread Information