Spacemaster Lug (Pin & Screw) stripped

Thread: Spacemaster Lug (Pin & Screw) stripped

Inactive

Spacemaster Lug (Pin & Screw) stripped

I bought my Son a Spacemaster and he had a bracelet screw fall out while he was on the road or air( he's a pilot for Frontier). When he got home we put it back in and checked all the other screws, found one of the lug pin/screws that just spins freely, won't tighten or come out. I need a how to on this, if anyone ever removed one with this issue I would appreciate the help.
    He absolutely loves his Spacemaster and he said the lume is insane while in the cockpit.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Re: Spacemaster Lug (Pin & Screw) stripped

Congrats to your son on his new Ball watch. What I have seen on these if then spin is the screw on one side has sheared yet is partly still sitting in the tube of the longer pin. Sometimes the loc-tite hold it together and just stretches. Possibly turning it more with the pressure on the head will cause it to pop out. I would have a replacement ready before you do this or let the AD take care of it if it is under warranty with a replacement in hand. My personal recommendation is to down the road replace the slotted screws with the torx head version from the DeepQuest. If you need to change to a strap these are far less likely to slip off. They need to be the DQ ones not the Orbital which has a larger head and are a bit longer. The DQ fit just fine.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Inactive

Re: Spacemaster Lug (Pin & Screw) stripped

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    Congrats to your son on his new Ball watch. What I have seen on these if then spin is the screw on one side has sheared yet is partly still sitting in the tube of the longer pin. Sometimes the loc-tite hold it together and just stretches. Possibly turning it more with the pressure on the head will cause it to pop out. I would have a replacement ready before you do this or let the AD take care of it if it is under warranty with a replacement in hand. My personal recommendation is to down the road replace the slotted screws with the torx head version from the DeepQuest. If you need to change to a strap these are far less likely to slip off. They need to be the DQ ones not the Orbital which has a larger head and are a bit longer. The DQ fit just fine.
    Michael, I just received a replacement from Rob yesterday, when my Son arrives home we will try your method. I'll probably have my Son order the Torx replacement.

Thread Information