Superb accuracy!

Thread: Superb accuracy!

Superb accuracy!

i've been wearing my Master Diver this week, as part of my regular rotation of one watch a week. I took it out of the box on saturday, cleaned it, wound it and set the time and date.
    Since then, it's been normal activity: work (in an office), restaurants, a couple of drinks, some live music.
    so today, thursday, it hits me that i haven't checked for accuracy since i set the watch: a quick comparison with my online time source (timeanddate.com) shows that the watch is slow by 2 seconds. that's 2 seconds in around 6 days of wearing it.... that's 0.33 seconds slow a day!
    is it just me, or is that an amazing number? especially from a non-cosc movement...

kudos to the BALL Watch Company, your great work is much appreciate guys!

Tampa, Florida and Daytona Beach, Florida

Re: Superb accuracy!

That is a fantastic average and that is what counts to me. Who cares if it for example loses 2 all day and gains back 4 over night. 2 secs +/- in 6 days is sweet.

Retired from Fire Rescue with 30 years on the job 1/5/2019

Not surprising at all. I've had 5 or 6 Ball watches and all have kept within COSC and none were COSC rated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well you got to thanks BALL and ETA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iceheller View Post
    Well you got to thanks BALL and ETA as well.
    yes, i agree that ETA need to be thanked for the great engineering of their movements. what really impresses is that they are mass produced but still of very good quality.
    just one thing though: my Fortis and my Ball Master Diver both have the same base movement, ETA's 2824. But the Fortis is nowhere near in the Ball in accuracy, and i've verified this time and again.
    I don't know if the movement in the Ball is of higher grade than the one in the Fortis... even if it was so, i still suspect the higher build quality and solidity of the Ball has something to do with it's better accuracy.
    Not to dis the Fortis, which is a watch i love very much...

Tampa, Florida and Daytona Beach, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by tantric View Post
    ....just one thing though: my Fortis and my Ball Master Diver both have the same base movement, ETA's 2824. But the Fortis is nowhere near in the Ball in accuracy, and i've verified this time and again. ..
    Have the Fortis regulated.

Retired from Fire Rescue with 30 years on the job 1/5/2019

Chuck is right, your Fortis may just need regulating. If its error is pretty consistant from day to day then it is accurate, but needs to be regulated. I too have several Ball watches and they keep time within COSC standard even though not rated by COSC. This means that Ball must be regulating them well before selling.

well maybe you just got yourself a not so accurate Fortis that all. Get it regulated and if there is still problem than send it for servicing and demand it FOC. Not all watch maker product 100 watches and all 100 watches are accurate. I am pretty sure there are those that is COSC certified or runs in $100k plus but still go out of time.

thanks for the advice guys, regulation is an avenue i've yet to explore. i'll have to research it thoroughly, but if it can help and i can find the right person at the right price, i've no doubts i'll do it.
    and yes, it's true that not all watches produced by one manufacturer will have the same performance, especially with mechanicals. part of the game is to find ways to improve that performance, thus creating a real connection with the watch.

Thread Information