T100 clarification

Thread: T100 clarification

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

T100 clarification

I just got off the phone with Ball USA, and I want to clarify what has been said here:

The T25 or T100 designation has to do with THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MILLICURIES/RADIATION IN THE WATCH. It is only indirectly related to the number of tubes or size of the tubes. I don't know exactly how they measure this, whether it is on a Geiger counter or by the amount of gas or what. But the "T number" may not relate directly to perceived brightness.
    Thus the EMII Ltd Edition is T25 and looks just as bright as the Arabic Chronometer with the T100 designation. The Arabic has a few more tubes, which probably puts it over the top in this case. Perceived brightness is not necessarily any greater, and T100 does not absolutely mean it has 100 of anything, just more than T25. So a "T100" watch could REALLY be T26. Just more than T25. Apparently T100 is some sort of upper limit, at least as to what can be imported. Yes, some longer and wider tubes are brighter, without a doubt. But the T designation is as to the TOTAL watch, not a measure of how bright any individual tubes may be.

BTW, the rep advised me that the NightTrain could show up soon, or as late as Christmas. They are not sure.

Re: T100 clarification

Thanks for the clarification - hope no one gets their tubes tied in a knot over it.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Baume & Mercier Worldtimer, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, IWC Aquatimer Chrono Blue & Orange,Omega SMP, Rolex Gmt-Master II BNLR, Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf Special, Zenith El Primero Stratos Flyback Striking 10th

OH, there are derfinately wide and longer tubes that give off more light. But according to BallUSA, the T rating is based on the entire watch. So I suppose that a watch could be called T100 if it puts out 26 or if it puts out 99, either way it is not T25.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    OH, there are derfinately wide and longer tubes that give off more light. But according to BallUSA, the T rating is based on the entire watch. So I suppose that a watch could be called T100 if it puts out 26 or if it puts out 99, either way it is not T25.
    This is correct. However, MOST T watches are going to naturally be brighter that t25 watches. This goes without saying.

And officially (according to switzerland at least) the night train will be delivered by the end of the month.

We are heavy in anticipation. But not holding our breath.

Pre-orders are huge and our allocation from Switzerland is small.

So draw your own conclusion.

:)
    Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your comments on this topic. When I bought my EMII Classic earlier this year, I bought it based upon its classic beauty, how comfortably and "right-sized" it felt on my wrist...and the fact that, of all the Ball models that were sitting in my AD's showcase, the EMII Classic was the one that I couldn't take my eyes off of! I had no idea that it was one of the few models that utilized the extra long tubes with the T100 rating. I found this out later...so it was icing on the cake! I love not only how bright the tubes are, but also how sharp and defined their glow is...very legible in total darkness...and without my glasses, too!

Thanks for the official E.T.A. on Night Train's arrival. I pre-ordered mine from my AD in Napa, California. My sales guy there told me that he had placed an initial order for 4 Night Trains, and had pre-sold three of them very shortly after word got out about it. Needless to say, I snagged the last one on his order! I won't hold my breath on the E.T.A., because I know that demand for the Night Train has far exceeded any projections or expectations that Ball Watch may have had for it...surely a homerun hit for Ball!

Quote Originally Posted by jhess View Post
    This is correct. However, MOST T watches are going to naturally be brighter that t25 watches. This goes without saying.

And officially (according to switzerland at least) the night train will be delivered by the end of the month.

We are heavy in anticipation. But not holding our breath.

Pre-orders are huge and our allocation from Switzerland is small.

So draw your own conclusion.

:)
    Jeff
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Quote Originally Posted by sukispop View Post
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your comments on this topic. When I bought my EMII Classic earlier this year, I bought it based upon its classic beauty, how comfortably and "right-sized" it felt on my wrist...and the fact that, of all the Ball models that were sitting in my AD's showcase, the EMII Classic was the one that I couldn't take my eyes off of! I had no idea that it was one of the few models that utilized the extra long tubes with the T100 rating. I found this out later...so it was icing on the cake! I love not only how bright the tubes are, but also how sharp and defined their glow is...very legible in total darkness...and without my glasses, too!

Thanks for the official E.T.A. on Night Train's arrival. I pre-ordered mine from my AD in Napa, California. My sales guy there told me that he had placed an initial order for 4 Night Trains, and had pre-sold three of them very shortly after word got out about it. Needless to say, I snagged the last one on his order! I won't hold my breath on the E.T.A., because I know that demand for the Night Train has far exceeded any projections or expectations that Ball Watch may have had for it...surely a homerun hit for Ball!

That is a great store and a beautiful part of the country. Looking forward to the next time I am able to get out there....Grapes for miles and miles and miles...

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    That is a great store and a beautiful part of the country. Looking forward to the next time I am able to get out there....Grapes for miles and miles and miles...
    Hi Warren,

You've been to CBY Jewelers? I know that you've mentioned that you've been to Toppers in Burlingame, also. Do you make it out to Northern California very often?
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Thank you for the explanation. Now here's a question. At what point will these watches attract the attention of those gizmo's at the airports that check for the slightest bit of radiation, or at any border port for that matter? I'm completely ignorant about radiation and it's many different levels so maybe someone could enlighten me? (or not)
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by sukispop View Post
    Hi Warren,

You've been to CBY Jewelers? I know that you've mentioned that you've been to Toppers in Burlingame, also. Do you make it out to Northern California very often?
    I only make it out West few times per year. When I was out earlier, I had only a few minutes to stop into CBY, as I was with a friend, who wanted no parts of stopping out at every watch store along the way...
    Last edited by obie; September 6th, 2007 at 16:45.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA,
    Sorry, that one made me laugh.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information